Liam Gallagher - As you were

for me its got a early 1970s mott the hoople sound and feel to it and roll away the stone

roll away the stone

I am not really into Guitar music anymore mate. Was bang into Oasis when they were about but have always been more into the electronic stuff (New Order and Depeche Mode).

Them Morrissey tunes are timeless classics that still get played 20 years after they came out. I think people are getting a bit carried away with this Liam album because it better than most people expected. Yet there are no timeless classic tunes on it. It is not an album people will be going back to 20 years from now and calling it a stone cold classic.

It's nice to have him back as he is a character. The album is better than I thought it would be and it was a pleasant listen yesterday. Yet I still went back to my Hot Chip albums after it finished and have had no inclination of putting it back on.
I would like to see him live again just for old times sake. I seen him at Glasto this year but the sound is shocking at the other stage and it did not do him justice.

I've heard Liam's album once on my laptop and even then I've not played the last few tracks all the way through. The cd will arrive sometime today and when I've played it a few times in the car, I'll have a view on how good it is. What won't change is how much I prefer the sound of Liam to Mozza.

Timeless classics usually take time to prove their durability although they can jump out at you. Not really bothered if this album is full of them or has none. I've got quite a lot of albums that I have not played in twenty years that aren't classics but I know I'd still enjoy if I put them on now. Indeed quite a few of the cds I buy are alums I have on vinyl that have only just become available on cd and it's thirty years since I bought an album on vinyl.

I'm very much a guitar man, always have been always will be, but I like some electronic music. I really enjoyed seeing Kraftwerk for the first time this year.

for me its got a early 1970s mott the hoople sound and feel to it and roll away the stone

roll away the stone

My first impression is that Zin was right, the sound on this album is really good. It has what I call a real sound as opposed to the very synthetic sound of so much of today's music.

Not that the album approaches the best of Mott the Hoople.

It's fucking brilliant.

Loved Wall of Glass and For What It's Worth.

Paper Crown and I Get By are absolute blinders.

The rest are solid 8/10ers.

The only bobbins track on the lp is Chinatown, which is, in fairness, remarkably shit.

As expected, boring same old, same old. I like Liam and I like Oasis but both are hugely over-rated. Most of the songs sound more like nursery rhymes than songs that have any substance or meaning to anybody of sound mind that's over 22.
I like you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.