Liam Gallagher on City, United etc

My next door neighbour growing up was in his year at school and he used to tell us stories about him all the time.
He was certainly ‘thought of’ as being absolute nails at school.
One of the stories he told us was about him ending up fighting with one of the ‘hard’ teachers and giving him a pasting. Another was about some other school coming for a fight and he apparently went out and leathered a few of their top boys with a hammer.

These stories were all way before Oasis and fame.

Make of that what you will.
I know a lad who knew him growing up and he always stated Liam wasn’t hard at all. I suppose it depends on what your version of hard is - the lad who told me is quite handy so maybe he was using himself as the benchmark?
I would add any hard lad/man who I’ve ever come across in my lifetime never looked, dressed or acted like Liam. ;)

Well mancunians in Mamchester tend to soundd Mancunian, in all its areas, not just the mile radius of town, and my few mate from oldham, bury and outer bolton way tend to sound lancastrian.
I do myself but you’re not telling me there aren’t Mancunians who over egg the accent, especially if they are of the indy band persuasion?

My next door neighbour growing up was in his year at school and he used to tell us stories about him all the time.
He was certainly ‘thought of’ as being absolute nails at school.
One of the stories he told us was about him ending up fighting with one of the ‘hard’ teachers and giving him a pasting. Another was about some other school coming for a fight and he apparently went out and leathered a few of their top boys with a hammer.

These stories were all way before Oasis and fame.

Make of that what you will.
Im from Burnage originally and went to the same primary and secondary schools( they odd time i went in) and the story i always heard is that he got hit on the head with a hammer on Green End fields. Could be bollocks though.

The accent i don't know. When i moved away everyone thought i sounded proper manc and when i hear myself in videos/recordings i sound a proper fake twat, i was even jibed in the pub for saying hospikal the other week.

saw a documentary that said Liam’s musicality emerged after he was hit in the head with a hammer. Don’t know if true, but that phenomenon is real.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.