Life Contentment

I must admit I have everything I ever wanted. However I still moan like fuck and get wound up over the smallest of things that are not important.

Just turned 55 which is when I intended to retire.. SWMBO was diagnosed 3 years ago with Lymphoma which is not curable but can be managed for a limited time... despite a scare and op over Xmas she is now back on “watch and wait” which is torture...

I am debating when to stop working as I need a challenge but while my wife is under pressure to enjoy each day I have to make the decision sometime soon. The wife gets her NHS pension at 55 (we tried to claim it early on health grounds but they considered her fit for work) so i’ll most likely stop then.. I’ve had my RAF pension since 2006 which helps.. i’ll never be rich and i’m conscious that once my salary stops I can’t easily replace our savings pot.. the positive is that we are mortgage free and have another property for decent rental income..

Am I happy? I’d be a damn site happier if Sue didn’t have this f******* disease but i’m thankful it’s slow to develop...

Our two sons are both getting married this year so we’re looking forward to a good year... albeit an expensive one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.