Life is Good and Blue

blueinbolton77

I realise there are some negatives at the moment, but very few, unless you really just looking to be miserable, not unusual in here of course :-)

Current Stats

- Joint 3rd with United for the least conceded goals.
- 3rd in the highest average attendances: United and Arsenal Better.
- Fourth for the cleanest sheets: United, Chelsea and Stoke better.
- Currently 4th in the league.
- The only team left with only one defeat.
- Only City and Arsenal with two strikers in the top 15 highest goal scorers.
- Currently 4th position in the away league. So this has improved already, already got 9 points away, we only had 11 in all of last season!

It's been a pretty good season up to know. I believe if we peek to early, we'll walk away with nothing. Look at the number of "run-a-way" teams that United have pipped to the post over the years because the runaway teams have peeked at the wrong time. It's too early to pressure the lads into trying too hard, we need them happy, feeling they're achieving and being fully supported for the whole season and not just on days we're winning.

blueinbolton77 said:
I realise there are some negatives at the moment, but very few, unless you really just looking to be miserable, not unusual in here of course :-)

Current Stats

- Currently 4th position in the away league. So this has improved already, already got 9 points away, we only had 11 in all of last season!

It's been a pretty good season up to know. I believe if we peek to early, we'll walk away with nothing. Look at the number of "run-a-way" teams that United have pipped to the post over the years because the runaway teams have peeked at the wrong time. It's too early to pressure the lads into trying too hard, we need them happy, feeling they're achieving and being fully supported for the whole season and not just on days we're winning.

Not sure you're allowed to be that positive on here mate! ;-)

Balti said:
blueinbolton77 said:

Current Stats

Not sure you're allowed to be that positive on here mate! ;-)

I've already written myself a dissaproving e-mail. I'm just going to log off and pick it up now. I'm actually surprised someone has mentioned that we were actually aiming for the top 6, and typical city, we're in the top 4 :-)

blueinbolton77 said:

Current Stats

The stats are hard to disagree with but not sure about your analysis afterwards - are you sure it's possible to have too good a start?!

Sort of connected to this is the one major frustration for me is that we've always been a game behind most teams around us so we're in a bit of a false position, not that we've been able to do anything about that but still...

I think if we can stay in and around the top four whilst (most importantly) staying in the League Cup til the end then we can push on in the second half of the season when we feel the benefit of less games.

Is it too early to trot out Hughes' "My teams always do better in the second half of the season" line yet to back up arguments about our start???

blueinbolton77 said:

Current Stats

There was a "happy" thread just over a year ago this could have gone in!

AlexC83 said:
The stats are hard to disagree with but not sure about your analysis afterwards - are you sure it's possible to have too good a start?!

Sort of connected to this is the one major frustration for me is that we've always been a game behind most teams around us so we're in a bit of a false position, not that we've been able to do anything about that but still...

I think if we can stay in and around the top four whilst (most importantly) staying in the League Cup til the end then we can push on in the second half of the season when we feel the benefit of less games.

Is it too early to trot out Hughes' "My teams always do better in the second half of the season" line yet to back up arguments about our start???

I don't disagree with you. What I think I mean is that now is the time to be given a short sharp reminder that we need to play 90 minutes. That last two weekends have done that. Better now, than in March.

GaudinoMotors said:
There was a "happy" thread just over a year ago this could have gone in!

I've been a "happy" City supporter since 1970, it's probably too late to change my outlook now :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.