Life is tough. Another drunken post.

TonyM

I'm really struggling lately. Drunk as a skunk now drinking gin to put off going to bed and hours of anxiety. Life is hard as of the past year or so. I've kids so I have to find ways to keep going ...but how? It's worse than the Sterling or Mahrez dilemmas that I go on about in my day to day on here. :-)

Maybe we need a mental health forum for exclamations of drunken ( or preferably sober) angst. Or not. Sorry.

Maybe best to ignore me or just delete this post. This isn't the first time.

That said if anyone else is struggling....let me know because you aren't alone!!!

I'm really struggling lately. Drunk as a skunk now drinking gin to put off going to bed and hours of anxiety. Life is hard as of the past year or so. I've kids so I have to find ways to keep going ...but how? It's worse than the Sterling or Mahrez dilemmas that I go on about in my day to day on here. :-)

Maybe we need a mental health forum for exclamations of drunken ( or preferably sober) angst. Or not. Sorry.

Maybe best to ignore me or just delete this post. This isn't the first time.

That said if anyone else is struggling....let me know because you aren't alone!!!
Your spelling isn't bad compared to mine when posting drunk.

Anyway, the answer to all life's problems is simple.
1625102439588.png

Hi Tony it's hard to get a grip on whether you have a strong dependency on alcohol at the moment, but my advice to you is you have to stop drinking, like tomorrow, if the drinking cures your anxiety then you need to take medication in place of the alcohol.
There are great anxiety and depression medications available these days.
The alcohol will actually completely ruin your life, and the lives of people you love and who love you.
I've seen it a few times, go to see your doctor and explain the situation... you need medical help.

Hi Tony it's hard to get a grip on whether you have a strong dependency on alcohol at the moment, but my advice to you is you have to stop drinking, like tomorrow, if the drinking cures your anxiety then you need to take medication in place of the alcohol.
There are great anxiety and depression medications available these days.
The alcohol will actually completely ruin your life, and the lives of people you love and who love you.
I've seen it a few times, go to see your doctor and explain the situation... you need medical help.
Thanks. I'm sure you are right. But I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to decide on whether to follow that good advice or go down this spiralling staircase as a substitute to worse.

I'm struggling tbh. It's been the worst 2 and a half years of my life. I just try to remember that some people have it a lot lot worse than me and that hopefully one day things will get better. I know it sounds trite but i feel life is a gift but sometimes you just have to grind through it. Hope you feel better soon mate and maybe go talk to a professional, it's worth a try at least.

No easy solution unfortunately. Eating healthy, regular exercise and staying off the piss will help. Chat to a helpline or friend.

I tend to overthink when lying in bed at night. Listening to music or ASMR helps me relax and get some rest. (If you don’t know what ASMR is, check it out on youtube, if you can get past how weird it is, it can be helpful.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.