Lifestyle change.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by abu13, 28 Apr 2019.

1. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

Before I had a new hip I lost four stone in 6 months.
    It wasn’t that hard at the time.
    I cut out all booze apart from a half a bottle of wine on a Saturday, all cheese, sweet foods, bread.
    Ate loads of vegetables.
    I snacked on fruit or a handful of nuts if I was peckish.
    My daily calorie intake was 2000 calories.

Lost four inches off my waste.

What was interesting was that at first the fat fell off but by the end it was harder and harder to lose any more weight, I plateaued at just under 16 stone. I just could not get any more off. At 6 foot 1 inch though it wasn’t too bad but at 42 inch waste the docs would still say I was obese.

Two years on I’ve put some of it back unfortunately but not a lot.
    Simply down to alcohol intake I suspect.

2. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

I’m with you, fella!

I used to work in the fitness industry and was as fit as anyone could be without being a sportsman, I was obsessed. But I’ve worked in a different sector for over a decade now and fell out of love with training a while back and have got myself out of shape.

Been threatening to get in shape again for ages but it’s never taken off. However I’m newly single and have all the time in the world so what better time to do it?

Currently got a chest infection but when I’m better I’m going to get myself back in shape again and just all round more healthy.

I quit smoking on derby day in November. On the e-cig for now but I’m dropping down on that and will eventually have nowt.

I’m not going to do anything drastic with my diet. I’ll cut out refined carbs, increase water intake and decrease portion size a bit. Oh and I’m going to add more nuts and try and get a wider range of fruit and veg in there.

Training I’m going to do one cardio session and one resistance session a week to ease myself back in and then increase sessions and session intensity as time progresses.

Might try not drinking after the FA Cup final through to the new season but I love going out with the lads for pre- and post-match drinks.

Last edited: 28 Apr 2019
    abu13 likes this.
  3. feelymcfeel

feelymcfeel

I went from Newcastle Brown to Guinness. Never looked back.

Sid C likes this.
  4. BimboBob

BimboBob

I'm around 2 stone over weight. I know this, my knees know this, my Wife definitely knows this!

So...What have I done? Lip service. That's all.

I pushbike to work, 5 miles a day, and then nothing. I have a rowing machine but I don't use it and I should. An hour a day is all it would take. I eat healthily, have to due to the missus having bowel problems so I eat what she eats, but real ale is my killer.

Never been a chocolate fiend so it's just laziness. I have the time to do it. Just need to push myself.

5. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Me too.

Needed an op last year. Stopped drinking for 5 months, lost 1.5 stone to add to the stone I'd already lost through walking. 18m later boozing too much, eating too much and not doing enough exercise.

I've always been fairly lazy!

6. Double gin and low calorie tonic only has 100 kcals and yet has the kick of a rhinoceros. Make educated choices and your dreams will come true.

DrBlueBob and Sid C like this.
  7. journolud

journolud

Good luck OP, just wondering though any correlation between the increase in chest twinges and the title run in?

Sid C likes this.
  8. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

I drink them by the Stella chalice!

hammocity and Two Gun Bob like this.
  9. Southern

Southern

15-20 units is not moderation - it’s like the upper recommended limits

10. Sid C

Sid C

Oh shit.