Lifestyle change.

Another lifestyle change I’m going to make is to stop spending... waisting!.. money on shit.

I don’t need to buy a coffee shop coffee every morning for £3 a pop. I don’t need to put five bets on a week (especially as only one a month comes in!). I don’t need a 41st pair of trainers. I don’t need to shop at Tesco/Sainsbury’s and can go to Aldi instead.

I don’t need loads of shit that I currently spend money on!

15-20 units is not moderation - it’s like the upper recommended limits
When the reccs were changed they were reduced from a max to a moderate level, but they wont tell you that. Compare Australia, eg, max recc is 38 units!!
PS EDIT 1 Medium sized glass (175ml) of wine per day equals about 14 units per week.
I am not supposed to drink as I take chemo drugs, but my consultant says that dinner without wine is not civilised, so have some wine but don't go out boozing.
Correction. ONE glass per day.

Last edited:
Heartburn itself can be an indicator of heart disease.

Someone I know had to have a triple bypass and his only symptom was severe heartburn.

He went to the doc about it and wasn’t allowed home. He was admitted to hospital immediately.

Take care Blue!
Heartburn is not an indicator of heart disease, though the symptoms can be mistaken for each other and the conditions can coexist.

Another lifestyle change I’m going to make is to stop spending... waisting!.. money on shit.

I don’t need to buy a coffee shop coffee every morning for £3 a pop. I don’t need to put five bets on a week (especially as only one a month comes in!). I don’t need a 41st pair of trainers. I don’t need to shop at Tesco/Sainsbury’s and can go to Aldi instead.

I don’t need loads of shit that I currently spend money on!

I stopped buying shite 3 years ago and it's been life changing. Was able to save for a mortgage and put a chunk of money into the stock market, which now pays me dividends every other month.

If only someomne had sat me down at 20 and shown me how this actually works instead of me lumping 100 quid a week on dvds and x-men comics.

I stopped buying shite 3 years ago and it's been life changing. Was able to save for a mortgage and put a chunk of money into the stock market, which now pays me dividends every other month.

Hi pal,i'm clueless when it comes to stocks/shares/investment....do you have a fund manager or is it something you do yourself? What % profit are you making? Cheers

Hi pal,i'm clueless when it comes to stocks/shares/investment....do you have a fund manager or is it something you do yourself? What % profit are you making? Cheers

I do it myself, I had to go and completely educate myself from zero.

I use a company called degiro which is the cheapest around. Right now I'm about 5% up but I was far higher(around 13%), I made one bad investment(bought Lyft on it's opening day trading on the market and it tanked) and one risky one that will hopefully pay off soon(Boots shares crashed so I lumped in as it's a historically good company and it should go back up this year). I've most of my money in oil as I bought Exxon shares when Trump's silly comments crashed the market on Christmas Eve, and I've a big chunk in an American Hotel REIT.

If clueless and you just want to lump in, buy an ETF index fund. The Vanguard S&P 500 ETF is the safest bet as it allows you to own a small share of the top 500 companies. So some may struggle at times but the fund will always have it's winners.

My rule is if it doesn't pay a dividend I don't want it. Others take a different approach, but again if you just want to lump in I'd look at some ETF's on offer.

I do it myself, I had to go and completely educate myself from zero.

I use a company called degiro which is the cheapest around. Right now I'm about 5% up but I was far higher(around 13%), I made one bad investment(bought Lyft on it's opening day trading on the market and it tanked) and one risky one that will hopefully pay off soon(Boots shares crashed so I lumped in as it's a historically good company and it should go back up this year). I've most of my money in oil as I bought Exxon shares when Trump's silly comments crashed the market on Christmas Eve, and I've a big chunk in an American Hotel REIT.

If clueless and you just want to lump in, buy an ETF index fund. The Vanguard S&P 500 ETF is the safest bet as it allows you to own a small share of the top 500 companies. So some may struggle at times but the fund will always have it's winners.

My rule is if it doesn't pay a dividend I don't want it. Others take a different approach, but again if you just want to lump in I'd look at some ETF's on offer.
Thank you,appreciate the advice.

I have suffered with heartburn for over 20 years and so i'm not overly worried about it, as i said i am crap when it comes to doctors but fully understand i'm being a dick as well :)

Mate, don’t be a dick :) If you have any loved ones, you owe it to them. You never know, they might miss you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.