Ligue 1 Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Bernard Tapie has died.
Was president of Marseille when they won the champions league.
Always surrounded in financial controversy.

Suleymana is a future top 3-5 LW. Those dribblings are just different. Then they have Doku on the other side too ..

Love the physicality of Ligue 1. Smaller team players don't shit them selves when up against the "superstars" and go in hard on them. Ligue 1 is underrated

Love the physicality of Ligue 1. Smaller team players don't shit them selves when up against the "superstars" and go in hard on them. Ligue 1 is underrated
Definitely, some very good players and unheralded gems in that league but for whatever reason, its not a country City have traditionally sourced many first team players from.
Given the relative success of Vinny, NDJ, Edin and KDB I was also always surprised we didn’t look harder at Germany either. Only Boateng was a comparative flop and we still got our money back.
We seem to prefer players from either Spain or Portugal nowadays, probably due to our recruitment team’s relationships with certain agents

Read summat earlier that said 60% of refs have voted in favour of wearing microphones during matches.
Dunno if that would be a good thing or a bad thing?

Troyes are currently one up against Nice.

We currently have four players on loan at Troyes: Erik Palmer-Brown, Issa Kabore, Patrick Roberts, and Philippe Sandler. The first two are on the bench today but the other two haven’t even made the squad in the last three games. I don’t think they’re injured either and looking at their stat I see they haven’t even managed 90 minutes between them this season. Looks like another year off before their respective contracts terminate next season.

Good win for Troyes that sees them move up to 16th as it stands. Quite impressed by Kabore. He looks a solid unit, in the Walker sense, but likes to drive forward like Richards in his prime as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.