Likely starters vs Leipzig

K-Bo

Given our injuries and the dense schedule, you'd think Pep will be looking to rest pretty every much first team player vs Leipzig, apart from the obvious two of Palmer and mcatee, wondering who else might get a start in this game. Lavia maybe? Anyone else?

Given our injuries and the dense schedule, you'd think Pep will be looking to rest pretty every much first team player vs Leipzig, apart from the obvious two of Palmer and mcatee, wondering who else might get a start in this game. Lavia maybe? Anyone else?
I guess we need to look at who needs resting the most.

Walker, Dias, Cancelo, Rodri, Bernardo, and Gundogan.

Zinchenko, Ake, Foden, Grealish and De Bruyne probably need the minutes.

Therefore Egan-Riley, Lavia and Palmer may well start.

yeah I was thinking Cancelo and rodri for sure. I think zinny and Ake will play. I do think mcatee is likely to get some minutes here as we're trying to get him to sign a new deal, and if he doesnt play in this game, when will he play ever etc. I think the front 3 will be palmer, mcatee and one of foden and grealish tbh.

Midfield a bit more difficult but bernardo and gundogan should be nowhere near it. Agree Kev is likely to start and fernandinho probably, but I think an EDS midfielder could potentially nab the third spot in midfield if we have one anywhere near contention.

Pep will play a team he expects to win, Leipzig is not a League One side. Palmer should be nailed on to start, but I wouldn't be surprised if McAtee comes from the bench.

Foden Palmer Sterling*
Grealish Fernandinho KDB
Zinchenko Aké Stones Walker

*or Jesus or Mahrez

Pep will play a team he expects to win, Leipzig is not a League One side. Palmer should be nailed on to start, but I wouldn't be surprised if McAtee comes from the bench.

Foden Palmer Sterling*
Grealish Fernandinho KDB
Zinchenko Aké Stones Walker

*or Jesus or Mahrez

I reckon its Less about the quality of the opposition as much about the meaninglessness of the game. I agree you dont want to send 10 kids out there to get smashed, but reckon we could see 3 or 4.

I reckon its Less about the quality of the opposition as much about the meaninglessness of the game. I agree you dont want to send 10 kids out there to get smashed, but reckon we could see 3 or 4.
Depends whos fit on sat, if Walker, Stones, Gundogan aren't back and are for Weds you could easy seem them all play along with Jack/KDB & Foden to get minutes back in the legs..

Foden Palmer Mahrez
Gundo Ferna KDB
Zinks Ake Stones Walker
Steffen

is a possibility, with McAtee coming on later. The EDS play the same day which doesnt help.

yeah I was thinking Cancelo and rodri for sure. I think zinny and Ake will play. I do think mcatee is likely to get some minutes here as we're trying to get him to sign a new deal, and if he doesnt play in this game, when will he play ever etc. I think the front 3 will be palmer, mcatee and one of foden and grealish tbh.

Midfield a bit more difficult but bernardo and gundogan should be nowhere near it. Agree Kev is likely to start and fernandinho probably, but I think an EDS midfielder could potentially nab the third spot in midfield if we have one anywhere near contention.
A front 3 of those local lads would be fantastic, nothing to lose apart from £3m for a win at the very worst and what an advert for the youth policy, even if we lost it'd be worth it in xfer fees /loans in the future.

I’m 99% positive McAtee will play at least in this game. In the period that we are in, the travel miles that will be racked up this week and the injuries we have surely Palmer starts and McAtee possibly does and if not gets on at least. Can see a team of Ederson; Walker; Ake; Laporte; Zinchenko; Ferna: Palmer; Foden; Mahrez; Grealish: Sterling.

The EDS play the same day which doesnt help.

The EDS are out of the youth league so that doesn’t really matter. I think Palmer will definitely start and then hopefully McAtee, Lavia and Mbete will get some minutes off the bench. Maybe even Kayky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.