Likely starters vs Leipzig

The EDS are out of the youth league so that doesn’t really matter. I think Palmer will definitely start and then hopefully McAtee, Lavia and Mbete will get some minutes off the bench. Maybe even Kayky.
Kayky isn't eligible. I don't think they will want to decimate the EDS side too much, performances haven't been great so they'll try and play that out tbh. Mbete/Lavia & McAtee are the spine of the team, cant see all 3 being pulled. JWE/Edozie maybe though.

The EDS are out of the youth league so that doesn’t really matter. I think Palmer will definitely start and then hopefully McAtee, Lavia and Mbete will get some minutes off the bench. Maybe even Kayky.
Kayky isn't in the CL squad, I don't believe.

Mbete I think less likely, due to all our CB's being fit and some like Ake needing minutes. If its a dead rubber in the youth league as well though, it's worth throwing that game under the bus to get these lads a taste of first team involvement.

---------------------------------Steffen
Walker-----------Stones----------------------Aké-----------Zinchenko
------------------------------Fernandinho
--------------McAtee----------------------------Foden
Sterling------------------------Palmer-------------------------Grealish

I would expect something like that. Although I wouldn't be shocked to see a much more changed 11, like:

---------------------------------Steffen
Egan-Riley------Laporte----------------------Aké---------Wilson-Esbrand
------------------------------Fernandinho
----------------Lavia--------------------------Zinchenko
Palmer------------------------McAtee-------------------------Grealish

Last edited:
Still 5 subs in the champions League isn't it ? So should be able to let plenty of kids have a run out along with getting our returning senior players back up to speed.

I’d guess

Steffen

Walker
Stones
Ake
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Grealish

Foden
Palmer
one Sterling/Jesus/Mahrez

McAtee & Lavia off the bench.
The three Portugueses should stay at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.