Limerick 'Treaty 300' selection v City 4 Aug 1991. - query

mad4city

Hi,
As the thread title suggests, City played v a Limerick selection at Thomond Park in 1991.
Reid was the City manager, Allardyce was Limerick's.
Anyway, a friend is doing an article on significant soccer (as opposed to rugby) games played at Thomond Park, over the years and had asked me what the score, that day, was.
I was at the game but I'm f**ked if I can recall. Could anyone point me in the direction of the answer, please?

mad4city said:
Hi,
As the thread title suggests, City played v a Limerick selection at Thomond Park in 1991.
Anyway, a friend is doing an article on significant soccer (as opposed to rugby) games played at Thomond Park, over the years and had asked me what the score, that day, was.
I was at the game but I'm f**ked if I can recall. Could anyone point me in the direction of the answer, please?
someone had put a load off photos on here from that tour
limerick cork and dublin
as i was there but pissed for most off it!!!!

anyone else come in here expecting badly constructed but highly amusing rhyming poems??

no?? just me then

There was a young man called Moyes....

mad4city said:
Hi,
August 4th City won 4-1 I've no more information.

Harlaching Sky Blue said:
anyone else come in here expecting badly constructed but highly amusing rhyming poems??

no?? just me then

There was a young man called Moyes....
I'm the other lol. There was a young man called Moyes, who took over the furgis boys, to City's delight he turned out shite, now their neighbours make more noise. Bumbum

xgorton said:
mad4city said:
Hi,

Ta! I'll pass the info along.

m7mcfc said:
Have I lost the plot or did we not win the Shamrock cup some years ago. I saw us against Drogheda can't remember if it was the same competition.
We were on tour in August 84 in Ireland and played Waterford won 4-1,Drogheda drew 2-2 and beat Finn harps 5-0 could have been the Shamrock cup.

mad4city said:
xgorton said:
mad4city said:
Hi,

Ta! I'll pass the info along.

Limerick Museum's website appears to have the entire match-day programme scanned on and available on their website. Your friend might be interested:

<a class="postlink" href="http://museum.limerick.ie/media/limerick_city_museum/images/2/6/6/66919_ca_object_representations_media_26682_original.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://museum.limerick.ie/media/limeric ... iginal.pdf</a>

xgorton said:
m7mcfc said:
Have I lost the plot or did we not win the Shamrock cup some years ago. I saw us against Drogheda can't remember if it was the same competition.
We were on tour in August 84 in Ireland and played Waterford won 4-1,Drogheda drew 2-2 and beat Finn harps 5-0 could have been the Shamrock cup.

But we didn't win anything from 1976 to 2011............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.