Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did he play last night? The clips I saw of him he literally didn't move, rooted to the spot, save for the penalty. He wasn't doing any chasing or making himself available for a pass, no interest defensively, but he did seem genuinely passionate about scoring.

Hard to read him right now.

I still think he'll leave and join City.

Think about it, even when a new President comes in ... what's he going to do? Bring a load of better players with him to transform Barca literally overnight?

If Messi stays he is basically kissing goodbye to any sort of 'retiring on a high' notion.

If he joins us, he gets to play alongside players he openly admires (Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero) playing for his favourite manager.

The question is, why WOULDN'T he leave?

Well, he's wanted to leave Barca mainly because they haven't competed at a level he deems acceptable both domestically and the CL.

Sound familiar?

We're hardly performing much better than Barca in the league or CL so for footballing reasons, it's a bit of a sideways move.

Off the pitch, Barca were a mess so for that reason, working with Pep, Txiki, Soriano was a big draw. If Barca get it right off the pitch and start improving on it, then why would he leave?

How did he play last night? The clips I saw of him he literally didn't move, rooted to the spot, save for the penalty. He wasn't doing any chasing or making himself available for a pass, no interest defensively, but he did seem genuinely passionate about scoring.

Hard to read him right now.
He created almost all of their chances though. He literally destroyed demiral . Missed two good chances. I think he is more focused in playmaking than scoring this season. . He creates and scores (well .. ) can't expect him at this age to track back and defend.

He allways talk about that he want to play for Newells Old Boys

True although he has actually backtracked on this in last year or two - he acknowledged romanticizing this option a bit. Would be a great end to his career but his family seems firmly rooted in Barcelona

True although he has actually backtracked on this in last year or two - he acknowledged romanticizing this option a bit. Would be a great end to his career but his family seems firmly rooted in Barcelona
He have said that since hes breakthrough in Barca.

He have said that since hes breakthrough in Barca.
He said this last year:

"I have the dream of being able to play for Newell's in Argentina, but I don't know if it's really going to happen because I have a family that is ahead of my desire.

"It's a dream I've had since I was little, but I have a family, I have three children, I live in a place that has given me everything and where I am calm and can give my children a spectacular future.

"We think much more about that than my desire of playing football in Argentina. I will try to convince the family, because today we have to convince the children too."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.