Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most likely scenario is that Messi will leave for free in the summer and Barca will have to pay every penny of his contract including loyalty bonuses.

I hope that happens (regardless of where he moves to). I do expect him to sign an extension and finish up there.

A sum equal to the US National Debt.

Similar to Utd then. About £400m in debt, yet no-one batted an eye lid when they bought Carlton Pogba for £90m and Slabhead for £80m. Why?

Definitely financial 'fair' play though.

Sport are suggesting City are preparing a pre-contract offer for Messi in January to take advantage of the current club instability. We'll see

Don't necessarily believe the reports, but let's say that is true.

In January, Barcelona sign a pre contract with Garcia, we sign one with Messi. Both teams would happily take the others' players earlier, both would happily let theirs go.

Nope, not seeing any solutions to a problem like that.

Sport are suggesting City are preparing a pre-contract offer for Messi in January to take advantage of the current club instability. We'll see
Current instability? Ha I think not Cule. You don’t hurtle towards insolvency. Club management has been shocking for years.

If Messi decides to stay with a dying club so be it. The captain going down with the club is kind of poetic and will play well with fans.

Maybe he will even play for free?

Money talks and we will see...

Is there an argument to purchase Barcelona memorabilia ahead of its impending bankruptcy? I’m just wondering what sort of market there will be for dusty plastic seats from the crumbling stadium before it’s demolished. It’s difficult to gauge really as no club as big has folded from so much cheating.
Would a Phoenix club called Barca FC 2021 affect the value? Would they try to keep the crumbling Nou Camp or ground share with Girona? So many questions.....

We shouldn’t offer Barca anything for him in January watch them squirm or just offer Garcia in a swap, they lose him off the wages and they get the best centre half in the world (that last bit may not be true )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.