Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn't been taken from his hands. Not at all. He could have signed any time from march onwards. He doesn't deal with ffp, it isnt his cross to bear.

Think back to Laporta previoisly saling he feels positive messi will agree to stay. Or recently saying Sergio is trying to convince messi to stay every day. Does that sound like Messi is desperate to sign but Barcelona are not letting him?
I think had Barcelona proven they could afford him he'd be happy to stay. Other opinions may vary.

I think had Barcelona proven they could afford him he'd be happy to stay. Other opinions may vary.

Do they beed to convince him?

Not debating whethernhe wants to stay or not btw, just that Barcelona's position isn't his concern

Do they beed to convince him?

Not debating whethernhe wants to stay or not btw, just that Barcelona's position isn't his concern
True, it's not necessarily his concern but my thoughts on the current situation is Messi will sign a new contract with Barcelona if they are given the green light by the league to do so. That, as it stands looks very difficult due to the shambles that are their financials.
He is in a fairly strong position regardless because if Barcelona have really fucked themselves to the degree being reported he will rock up at City or PSG and still most likely be the highest paid player in the world.
In short, Barcelona would be his preferred destination but if not he has options.

Cos he quite clearly still wants to play for Barcelona. That's obvious, otherwise he'd just not be there now. La Liga, Messi and Barca will sort sumat out financially. Dunno what, but i cant see it ending any other way.
Really? There are lots of ways this plays out. Only one of which is Barca are somehow allowed to sign players. He isn’t there now. It doesn’t matter what he wants if he cant. You do realise that Aguero and Garcia can’t play either as Barca can’t register them? The story is much bigger than just what happens to Messi Though of course it’s a significant part. Keep up! :-)

Last edited:
True, it's not necessarily his concern but my thoughts on the current situation is Messi will sign a new contract with Barcelona if they are given the green light by the league to do so. That, as it stands looks very difficult due to the shambles that are their financials.
He is in a fairly strong position regardless because if Barcelona have really fucked themselves to the degree being reported he will rock up at City or PSG and still most likely be the highest paid player in the world.
In short, Barcelona would be his preferred destination but if not he has options.

I can see how it could be read that way.

What that would mean though, is that he has effectively agreed to join them, but is waiting, without a club, for them to sort their finances out. Which may not happen this year. Meanwhile, playing knockout stage games against rival South American teams, at risk to his last couple of years, wothout any cover, endangering his last few years either at Barcelona or anywhere else should he get injured.

I find that hard to believe. I find it easier to believe he knows where is going next, maybe has a deal or pre-agreement already in place. And is simply staying silent during the copa, to let Laporta do his own explaining.

What that would mean though, is that he has effectively agreed to join them, but is waiting, without a club, for them to sort their finances out. Which may not happen this year. Meanwhile, playing knockout stage games against rival South American teams, at risk to his last couple of years, wothout any cover, endangering his last few years either at Barcelona or anywhere else should he get injured.

I find that hard to believe. I find it easier to believe he knows where is going next, maybe has a deal or pre-agreement already in place. And is simply staying silent during the copa, to let Laporta do his own explaining.
Most definitely. I'd be lying if I pretended my thoughts are anything more than the gut feeling type. Anything could happen.

La Liga needs Lionel Messi and a successful Barcelona as much as Barcelona do... If not more.
The league simply can't afford to lose it's greatest ever asset, and it won't. They'll bend the rules until they break If they think Messi is close to leaving La Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.