Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are cherrypicking. That Barca team already then was nearly on its knees. One week before that game Barca had won Liverpool 3-0 despite being dominated, only because they had Messi in the team they won the game.
Oh yes. The 1st leg free-kick. The truth is Liverpool caused them problems at the Nou camp and although the heavy defeat at Anfield was a shock, barca were well beaten over the two legs. By the time Messi kicks another ball, 18 months will have passed since those nights.

We will see. I want him to succeed. Every football fan will. He is Peter Pan.

I wouldn't pay > £100m for him. At 33 he just isn't going to play how you remember. David has his day. As did Kompany. No one is above this law. But as you say, it's just football views and at the moment there is no right or wrong.
I can’t think of anything our owners have done that haven’t been for the good of the club omg term really. They know getting Messi pushes us to the next level in terms of global pull and commercially and also gives us 2/3 years of the greatest player ever who is still probably top 3 players on the planet. I don’t care about the money, but I’m confident our owners know exactly what they are doing.

We have great people in charge who will know how to play this.

We need the narrative to start talking about Barca not honouring his clause in the contract due to Covid.

Whilst I think from a contract law point of view they are correct, the intention was to allow once the season finished for Messi to leave during the season would not have been right.

Therefore to hold onto a player who has given so much and did the right thing staying is morally the wrong thing to do.

I think the longer it goes on the more pressure on Barca to adhere to these demands.

I also think we are the club who gain the most by signing him.

We are not a Barca, Real, United, Bayern or Juve we are the tier below but this will narrow that gap.

I also don’t think UEFA will screw with us as much if we have their prize asset. I think the PL wants a prime Messi not he came here once he was done.

No fee, then even the wages make financial sense. If they want a fee, let them have priced him out of the move and deal with the fall out and bad rep.

Vice versa we know exactly how they would play it.

You are not sure the team will benefit. Do you actually watch us? Almost every game we play is against a whole garage of parked buses - if there’s one player on the planet who can open up a car park of double deckers - it’s Messi - he will give us a whole new dynamic in the tight confines where he thrives. Two wide players and Messi through the middle will be unplayable... let’s hope.
Doesn't work for Barca and they have Suarez up front. Our opponents are not Leeds Utd at the Etihad. They are Bayern Munich and PSG. If you think he can operate at that level fair enough.

I don't know if this is brought up before, but I think R Coman (and Barca board) is doing the right thing, and it's very brave. They need to think long term, of a time without Messi, Suarez, Biscuits and so on... someone has to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.