Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi to us would be great for shirt sales and would makes us even bigger on the commercial side but on the football side and I can’t believe I’m gonna say this but I don’t think he is good enough now to get in our team for the amount of wages he would cost .
How much do you think the club would make through Messi shirt sales?

Whether you like it or not mate all these little kids running around in city shirts in places like Tokyo and Mumbai etc bring exposure to us . I agree with puma getting the money for it but we also get the he exposure round the world aswell . I still can’t believe that I don’t think messi is good enough for us ha .
Fair comment. I misunderstood what you meant about shirt sales. I incorrectly presumed that you were one of the ‘he’ll pay for himself through shirt sales’ brigade.
Apologies for that pal
& agreed, I don’t think Messi would add much to our team now. Wrong work ethic

It's a bit depressing that this discussion revolves entirely around shirt sales. A great player's sun has set.
Was coming in to ask this. Would he improve us on the pitch?

It's depressing that people think it's even up for debate that we'd be improved by adding a player who scored 32 goals and got 26 assists in a team that everyone can see is a complete mess, from manager to defence, to a midfield that has no balance or legs.

Messi is the best player in the world and carried Barcelona all season, as he did last season, until they came up against a team good enough that no individual, no matter how good, can overcome on his own.

Maybe he should consider moving back to his homeland and play for his local side,messi wasn’t great last night but to be fair neither were the other ten players,but he is starting to slow down which happens to all players unfortunately..

Was coming in to ask this. Would he improve us on the pitch?
I don’t think so . I thought he died as a player last night on that pitch . He gave up and I feel sorry for any coach coming into Barca who has to deal with messi as he is bigger than the coach and will always run the team. The way Barca will now move forward is when messi retires and then the coach has free reign to bring in the players they want I mean for all we know messi might not get on with coutinho and griezmann and that’s the reason they are not really featuring .

It's depressing that people think it's even up for debate that we'd be improved by adding a player who scored 32 goals and got 26 assists in a team that everyone can see is a complete mess, from manager to defence, to a midfield that has no balance or legs.

Messi is the best player in the world and carried Barcelona all season, as he did last season, until they came up against a team good enough that no individual, no matter how good, can overcome on his own.

I absolutely accept that he can still do it on the pitch (he's the best player in the world). However it comes at a cost. Barca play around Messi and would it be worth us sacrificing some of our style of play to accommodate him, for the massive cost or would take to bring him here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.