Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a football perspective, City are absolutely the best club in the world for Messi. Including Barcelona.

And I can’t think of a player more suited for City to buy. And we’ve got the dough.

If he’s going to leave Barca, I don’t really see a viable alternative to City.

What position would he play?

From a football perspective, City are absolutely the best club in the world for Messi. Including Barcelona.

And I can’t think of a player more suited for City to buy. And we’ve got the dough.

If he’s going to leave Barca, I don’t really see a viable alternative to City.

Exactly this, I can't believe people are saying they don't want Messi!

If we signed Messi on a 2-3 year deal it would be on the basis that Pep signs a deal the same.

In signing Messi we take that final step to the top of world football and there would be nothing anyone could do about it.

I don't for 1 minute think it's going to happen but it's still Messi so anyone saying no needs to have a word with themselves.

Plus the #19 has just been vacated......

Exactly this, I can't believe people are saying they don't want Messi!

If we signed Messi on a 2-3 year deal it would be on the basis that Pep signs a deal the same.

In signing Messi we take that final step to the top of world football and there would be nothing anyone could do about it.

I don't for 1 minute think it's going to happen but it's still Messi so anyone saying no needs to have a word with themselves.

Plus the #19 has just been vacated......
I always get the feeling it’s football hipsters who are the ones turning their noses up at signing Messi.
They tend to jump through hoops in order to give reasons why we shouldn’t but forget that sometimes football is a very simple sport. Buying the best player in the world improves your team and chances of silverware. No rocket science required.
If it comes down to finance and we couldn’t put a package together then fair enough. Otherwise you just get it the fuck done.
Plus. It’ll piss @Dax777 off because he’s older than 25 :-)

I always get the feeling it’s football hipsters who are the ones turning their noses up at signing Messi.
They tend to jump through hoops in order to give reasons why we shouldn’t but forget that sometimes football is a very simple sport. Buying the best player in the world improves your team and chances of silverware. No rocket science required.
If it comes down to finance and we couldn’t put a package together then fair enough. Otherwise you just get it the fuck done.
Plus. It’ll piss @Dax777 off because he’s older than 25 :-)

He would more than likely guarantee us 10-20 goals just in penalties and free kicks and let's face it noone has been consistent with free kicks since Yaya pre 2016.

Messi is an absolute genius but he’ll be 34 and suddenly playing in the most physically challenging league in the world.

He’d be much better off in the Italian or French league if he wants a new challenge.

I don’t think he’d be terrible by any means, I’m sure he’d be a great squad player and have moments of magic but do we want a player on 500k a week to give us 20 games a season?

Messi is an absolute genius but he’ll be 34 and suddenly playing in the most physically challenging league in the world.

He’d be much better off in the Italian or French league if he wants a new challenge.

I don’t think he’d be terrible by any means, I’m sure he’d be a great squad player and have moments of magic but do we want a player on 500k a week to give us 20 games a season?

And this is why I don’t want to sign him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.