Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest, Barcelona have no Chance to get rid of Messi. 100.000.000 Wages let that sink in. De Bruyne is like what 19m?

Barcelona are eternally fucked, they wont get rid of their old players. City is an example of getting rid of old arrogant machos

IMO Messi is still the best player on the planet but, IF we were to sign him we’d need to tear up our ‘total teamwork’ philosophy and introduce a bespoke system of play to support what Messi does so well (which doesn’t involve him pressing and which does involve every other player looking to give Messi the ball).
3 or maybe 2 seasons ago that would’ve been fine but he’s only got a couple of years left at his incredible level, so let’s pass on any such opportunity and maintain our current trajectory rather than rip it up for a season or 2 of short term gain followed by disarray.
It’s a nice notion to conjure with but it would be thanks but no thanks from me.

If we're talking money is no object then Mbappe please, age and a hole we need filling when Aguero leaves

I know Messi would boil some piss but for longevity and what we need I'd have Mbappe over Messi all day long

Dont be silly signing messi would
Pay for itself easily then thers the shirt sales.got easily 2 seasons left so why wudnt we want the best player ever to grace football?
Because he is past his best as you saw last night. A massive game that passed him by. Indeed Bayern were able to play in the Barcelona half leaving the likes of Boateng and Alaba wide open because they knew that Barca would be overwhelmed and would carry little threat. No way would they play like that against a Leo at the height of his powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.