Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bartomeu was actually charged by the police, not just just accused. To charge someone criminally in a Spanish uses the word “acusar” which is related to accuse so I could see why it would be translated in English as “accused.”

I think that’s right, and it makes even more sense when you consider the full quote that’s being reported that they have “sufficient evidence to [charge]”

You wouldn’t normally speak of “sufficient evidence to [accuse]” someone, at least in a police / legal matter.

That said, I’ve not seen any official statement on this, just Spanish press reports. Does anyone know if there’s an official statement?

I think Bartomeu was actually charged by the police, not just just accused. To charge someone criminally in a Spanish uses the word “acusar” which is related to accuse so I could see why it would be translated in English as “accused.”

I think it's somewhere in between.

They seem to be saying they've gathered enough evidence of corruption to open a formal investigation into him.

Now Bartomeu looks certain to be doing one, maybe Messi stays. Or is the damag done, is it a sinking ship?

Hopefully Leo fancies a new challenge with City.

Now Bartomeu looks certain to be doing one, maybe Messi stays. Or is the damag done, is it a sinking ship?

Hopefully Leo fancies a new challenge with City.
Damage done and still wanting to jump ship, He wants to leave for footballing reasons and because the club is a mess, this just goes on to reenforce this and gives him even more leverage almost to turn around and go guys let me go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.