Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any player who is able to hold such influence over his club, especially if that club is a giant of the game like Barcelona, should be allowed nowhere near our club.

I honestly believe signing him would be the beginning of the end for our club.

Dressing room harmony. Destroyed.
Wage structure. Destroyed.
Managers ability to pick his own team. Destroyed.
The feeling of togetherness when backs to the wall (see 2012 and 2019). Destroyed.

And for what? To assuage the ego of a fading superstar who had his chance a few years ago and publicly rejected us.

No chance.

Sign him and the club we love begins to die. A slow lingering painful death.

So signing the one of the best players the world has seen will be the end of our club wow! Some people live in a another world with that thinking.

Signing Messi will be so positive for our club around the world plus the buzz all the players would have and the positive lift to all players. There is no downside to signing Messi none at all.

Yeah as someone speculated earlier, rumours of content are leaking out with even Jordi Evole being quoted on aspects. This I particularly liked:

Still not convinced this is definitive on his future either way, election results & convo with Laporta/Font will be the key

He is staying put in my opinion. At 34 risk would be too big for him. I am not saying he can't do it elsewhere because I believe he has still got it but possibly he won't be willing to take the risk

Last edited:
If he was staying why would he wait until 4 days before he can sign with another club?

He would've just signed a new contract instead surely?

I still think he intends to leave in June. Where to, is a different matter.

Yeah as someone speculated earlier, rumours of content are leaking out with even Jordi Evole being quoted on aspects. This I particularly liked:

Still not convinced this is definitive on his future either way, election results & convo with Laporta/Font will be the key

You're right in that it's still 50/50 whether he stays. It's actually a win/win for us however. If he stays you're stuck with a new contract bleeding money out that you can ill afford, if he goes it will most probably be to us and we can manage the money side easily AND we get Messi for a couple of seasons.

Any player who is able to hold such influence over his club, especially if that club is a giant of the game like Barcelona, should be allowed nowhere near our club.

The feeling of togetherness when backs to the wall (see 2012 and 2019). Destroyed.

And for what? To assuage the ego of a fading superstar who had his chance a few years ago and publicly rejected us.

No chance.

Strange post?

Why would dressing room harmony be affected, they're playing with the best player(still) in the world.

Wage structure I don't think would be affected, I can see him getting whatever Kev is getting with anything else managed by moving him to NYCFC after a couple of years.

I can't remember Pep struggling to manage him last time.

"The feeling of togetherness", can't see what you're basing that on?

If he was staying why would he wait until 4 days before he can sign with another club?

He would've just signed a new contract instead surely?

I still think he intends to leave in June. Where to, is a different matter.

I agree with this. That's kinda thenonly thing that makes sense timingwise.

Announce it is his final season, he will give it his all, but he can talk to other clubs in January and intends to.

That stops a media circus in january with daily claims he has signed a pre contract with this or that.

No chance.

i9wuxh-1.gif

No chance.

Wibble!

Reading those quotes from Messi looks like he is staying thing is will Barcelona offer him and other top notch contract when at the moment they are deferring all wagers to pay at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.