Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading those quotes from Messi looks like he is staying thing is will Barcelona offer him and other top notch contract when at the moment they are deferring all wagers to pay at a later date.
If he loves the club as much as it's being quoted then he'll play for peanuts and won't take them to the cleaners with demands of a new contract.
In fact he should have said to the owners I'll take my 50% pay cut because he loves the club that much.

Surely?

If he loves the club as much as it's being quoted then he'll play for peanuts and won't take them to the cleaners with demands of a new contract.
In fact he should have said to the owners I'll take my 50% pay cut because he loves the club that much.

Surely?

I heard he is giving back 16 years worth of wages.

So the club can spunk it on depay wienaldum and garcia in the great rebuild.

So much for the certainty that there will be no leaks ahead of the interview then.

Our resident cule maintains that 100% record of being absolutely wrong on everything and anything Barcelona related.
Strange considering there's only another country between him and living next door to Camp Nou.

If he stays, he can say goodbye to the UCL... I hope he doesn’t.

Messi staying in Spain or moving to Paris would be the easiest option one can take in life. Both the teams going nowhere. The league win in france doesn't count and he ain't getting UCL there.
It would be like staying at a job you have been doing for a long time and is getting paid well. The work is almost mechanical and the company is going nowhere. Changing a job would implying working hard, giving interviews and yes learning new skills. But if I am too easy going to take all of that pain I might just stay put.
Let's forget City for a second, Bayern ,Liverpool, Chelsea all of these are better options than staying put at Barcelona.
Hell,just play for Simeone with your pal suarez. They have a better chance of winning the UCL than Barca.

He is a little old for me to get my heart broken if he decides not to come to City but has a lifelong fan of Messi, it would pain me for him having to waste almost 5- 6 years of his life winning naught.
Either way pal, do what you gotta do Messi. Just don't come to PL and join anyone besides the Skyblues!

He is not guaranteed to win it anywhere else though. Us and Psg have won it 0 times btw.
Of course. But in City and PSG there are proper footballers and great coaches. These clubs are much closer to the UCL title than Barcelona. Since 2017 in knockouts Barça got 3 from Juve, 4 from PSG (covered by amazing comeback), 4 from Roma (omg!!!!! My blood’s boiling when I think about this), 4 from Liverpool and 8 from... ffs. No other top club in the history of UCL got beaten so badly. F... shame. Whole world laughs at Barca. He has to escape if he wants to win.

The actual clip linked to the earlier quote, in Spanish though

Jordi: How is Messi?

Leo: How am I faring? Good, frankly, now I feel in great shape. It's true that I went through a bad period before the summer because of the way we ended the season, and in the summer as well because of the Burofax and everything that took place after that....it dragged with me at the beginning, but now I feel good, eager and excited. Barça's going thru a complicated period at club level, the team & everything. This is what makes all things Barça related very difficult, but I confirm that I'm enthusiastic & have great desire.

Apparently he never weighs in on his future, leaving it open to interpretation but in line with what Laporta has already said - that he will wait to engage the new President to hear their plans before a decision is made. Interpret it how you will but makes sense and leaves the impression he may be 80/20 out but it's not decided..yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.