Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he's getting ready to come to City in Jan then

He'd fit right in no?

It's a strange stretch for Messi since he has been so clinical historically. My take is that he is simply bearing the burden too much on scoring, especially with an ineffective Griezmann, Ansu sidelined and Dembele once again nursing an injury - either way, he remains the primary scoring option

Of course, he has almost always been in that position but now there are few others really converting chances. It's a rhythm thing too so perhaps once the team clicks more, he will convert more. The troubling sign I noticed was how far off even his fks have been as well. I figured it was a mental thing but overall he looked quite comfortable & active

Probably due another snippet leak from that interview towards the end of the day, or early tomorrow.

Amazing again last night
Record breaking goal, cross to assist a header and a back heel flick to unlock defence for the third
Throw in keep making a world class save
Can’t see him coming here now....here’s hoping though

I think I understand why CFG want to sign him up but as a lifelong City fan, I would much rather he doesn’t come to us. I’m not sure we need the circus. I’m sure the board will be taking no notice of me or other bluemooners but at least I’ve had my say.
CFG as a group can wait another 2 years and pass him around NY, Melbourne etc.

Valladolid are third bottom in La Liga before we all start ooohing and ahhing about his display.
Just saying like. Sounds like anyone of us on here would have looked like Messi against them.

Barcelona are so lucky tbh. They should have won much more with Messi in the team. Absolutely criminal Some of his prime years were wasted in vain.. and hats off to his loyalty. Now time is against him. Relish it while he still plays and gives magical moments.
That stat that Lineker posted yesterday about a future player seeking to equal or beat Messi would need to score 40+ goals a season for 15 seasons shows what an unbelievable output he’s had. That’s just goals too, never mind assists, dribbles, passing etc.

An unbelievably brilliant player

Reckon Pep is grinding out results, trying not to lose, to keep us in with a shout when he gets here, explains the United performance and bore draw

Valladolid are third bottom in La Liga before we all start ooohing and ahhing about his display.
Just saying like. Sounds like anyone of us on here would have looked like Messi against them.

13 shots, 7 on target but only one goal.. that's shocking finishing. In fact his finishing has been shite all season for the amount of shots he has.

Last edited:
13 shots, 7 on target but only one goal.. that's shocking finishing. In fact his finishing has been shite all season for the amount of shots he has.
But key to all 3 scored

It's the best he has looked this season, particularly the instinctive linkup with Pedri. Telling that this performance also was so impressive without either Griezmann or Coutinho, gives an indication of how rudderless the sporting approach has been that Messi has bemoaned

There's a solid youth core to work with, that's the positive - only remains to be seen whether Leo will be with them in the coming years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.