Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best player in the world hands down nodoubt....I've been watching the guy everyweek for the past 3 years and he's just a phenomena in this sport.

mancity25 said:
See his second goal against Santander tonight?

offer 500 million.

fuck.....IDIOT ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................

MCFC_Freestyler said:
Wake up tomorrow, sky sports news breaking news yellow bar

'Manchester City complete the signing of Lionel Messi from Barcelona'

we can dream can't we? lol

its almost orgasmic isnt it

in a straigt way

I am staring at the pages of Marca with incredulity. On page 10 where normally all Barca news is tucked away, is a story that if true suggests that we may not get what we want but it is not due to lack of effort (or cash) on the part of our owners.

Double page spread "Messi rejects huge offer from City".

And huge means huge.

285 million euros. 150 of that is his buyout clause. The rest I suppose is agents, signing on fee and curiously 10 million to the family.

Obviously Messi is going to stay with Barca, for all the reasons you and I would probably stay. He's an idol. He has a chance of going down in history as their greatest ever player etc etc

What however does this, if true, say about our owners?

Being uncharitable you could say they have not learned their lesson from the Kaka affair. You could certainly accuse them of naivety. Is Messi a realistic target?

On the other hand you could not fault them for ambition. It also suggests that they are willing to spend far more than even Abramovich at Chelsea.

Which is good news for us.

Personally I would like to spend that money on 4 or 5 players. Especially as I'm not entirely convinced Messi is robust enough for our league. Although Robinho is perhaps even slighter in build.

Whatever, it does seem that we can look forward to some heavy hitting in this summer's transfer window.

Probably just a bit of PR bullshit on behalf of Barca and Messi, as they both come out of it looking great and we come out of it looking a bit stupid.

robbieh said:
I am staring at the pages of Marca with incredulity. On page 10 where normally all Barca news is tucked away, is a story that if true suggests that we may not get what we want but it is not due to lack of effort (or cash) on the part of our owners.

Double page spread "Messi rejects huge offer from City".

And huge means huge.

285 million euros. 150 of that is his buyout clause. The rest I suppose is agents, signing on fee and curiously 10 million to the family.

Obviously Messi is going to stay with Barca, for all the reasons you and I would probably stay. He's an idol. He has a chance of going down in history as their greatest ever player etc etc

What however does this, if true, say about our owners?

Being uncharitable you could say they have not learned their lesson from the Kaka affair. You could certainly accuse them of naivety. Is Messi a realistic target?

On the other hand you could not fault them for ambition. It also suggests that they are willing to spend far more than even Abramovich at Chelsea.

Which is good news for us.

Personally I would like to spend that money on 4 or 5 players. Especially as I'm not entirely convinced Messi is robust enough for our league. Although Robinho is perhaps even slighter in build.

Whatever, it does seem that we can look forward to some heavy hitting in this summer's transfer window.

And probably get turned down by most targets!

If that had any substance it would be plastered all over the papers of the world. I don't think the chairman will make another massive bid like the one for kaka, as they are not stupid people (Far from it from what i have read), and have burnt their fingers once already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.