Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he will look at how the Sergio Ramos post-season goodbye played out, and think it's not that bad. It was respectful enough to the club and fans, he got a decent thank you. Both been at their clubs same number of years, both captained at times, both got into the last two weeks without a contract extension signed.

What's the main difference? the obvious one is, Ramos doesn't seem to have his next move sorted out and seems in a rush to get something sorted. Messi seems in no rush, which can be read as he might know what happens next.

He's not told them yes currently. It seems odd that he wouldn't have sorted it by now, but maybe the deal on the table is not close enough to the number he is looking for..?

The noises they are making suggest he Has told them yes, just hasn't signed yet, and they are confidently optimistic he will do so.

And no way would Barcelona ever be bullshitting the rest of the world!

They are desperately trying to find ways to finance what will still be a huge contract.

It’s probably this… they have an outline deal but the Barca mafia are scrambling around trying to sign up sponsors to finance it. Pay up or Messi leaves.

The Messi Mombi is over - and has been for several weeks. Messi starts for Barci next year - and I'm glad for it.
===
Let's say though that Messi signed for us next season. I'm not sure that this would be good for our side long term.

Messi isn't a saint - he'd demand to start every important game - and he'd demand to be paid more than anyone else in our side.

Pep might be able to manage Messi - but he'd be a pain in the ass keeping him happy.

I think that Messi is the best player in world football ever - or maybe 2nd best - over his career - I think that Messi is maybe the best player in world football currently - or maybe 2nd or 3rd - and I think that a Messi solely committed to the benefit of our side would be a huge plus if he joins us.

Instead - I think that Messi is struggling to come to grips that he's not the player he once was - and if any decision goes against him - by a manager - conflict will arise.

For me - I think it's best that Messi isn't in our side next year - and indeed - it seems unlikely that he will be.

Seems to me either messi won’t commit or Barca can’t afford the deal
So it’s being dragged out
Barca haven’t got any sellable assets
dembele only has a year left and injury prone
Fati injury concerns
De jobg and griezman wages too high to get a good fee
Some dodgy accounting required
Just hope we’re not a part of helping them out!

Seems to me either messi won’t commit or Barca can’t afford the deal
So it’s being dragged out
Barca haven’t got any sellable assets
dembele only has a year left and injury prone
Fati injury concerns
De jobg and griezman wages too high to get a good fee
Some dodgy accounting required
Just hope we’re not a part of helping them out!

I think if Messi truly wanted to stay at Barcelona, as we all assume, he wouldn't let the wages get in the way, given what he has earned there so far, and what they are offering him long term with that job for life that we hear about. Think he would cpme to an agreement that Barcelona could finance. If it is a sporting decision thougb or even a balance of the two, though, a bit more complex then.

Laporta had been saying all the positive promising things, while in the same sentence hinting at it not being a done deal, he said something along it is not at an advanced stage this a couple days ago, and.other similar caveats previously.

He might still sign an extension, he might even as Billy suggests sign a new contract with them as a free agent after the tournament (which blows my mind as a scenario). But if it gets to him being a free agent in 10 days, anything is on i think.

So I'm not sure if anybody's pointed this out before, but I think it's a bit strange that Messi hasn't posted anything in social media congratulating his best friend Aguero joining Barca. Surely if his best bud joins him in Barca would be a big deal to him? Unless.....

So I'm not sure if anybody's pointed this out before, but I think it's a bit strange that Messi hasn't posted anything in social media congratulating his best friend Aguero joining Barca. Surely if his best bud joins him in Barca would be a big deal to him? Unless.....

Good point. I'll get really intrigued when he drops the 10 from his Instagram

The Messi Mombi is over - and has been for several weeks. Messi starts for Barci next year - and I'm glad for it.
===
Let's say though that Messi signed for us next season. I'm not sure that this would be good for our side long term.

Messi isn't a saint - he'd demand to start every important game - and he'd demand to be paid more than anyone else in our side.

Pep might be able to manage Messi - but he'd be a pain in the ass keeping him happy.

I think that Messi is the best player in world football ever - or maybe 2nd best - over his career - I think that Messi is maybe the best player in world football currently - or maybe 2nd or 3rd - and I think that a Messi solely committed to the benefit of our side would be a huge plus if he joins us.

Instead - I think that Messi is struggling to come to grips that he's not the player he once was - and if any decision goes against him - by a manager - conflict will arise.

For me - I think it's best that Messi isn't in our side next year - and indeed - it seems unlikely that he will be.
......Parklife....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.