Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneakily applying pressure on our good friend the fat toad Tebas to loosen the rules on wage caps.
Tebas still hasn't changed his stance on it. I don't see him changing it. He can't simply change the rules within the next 4 weeks to suit Barcelona's needs. They need to play by the rules. If he changes an important rule like that for one team, he'll look soft. Other teams like Real Madrid will want help in the future if they don't like a certain rule.

Regardless, Laporta sounds even less confident of keeping Messi. He's gone from saying, "he's going to stay. Everything is on track," to saying, "we hope that Messi stays. We just need help from Tebas to change the rules so we can keep Messi." He's been basically saying the same thing for the past 8 weeks..... but it sounds less confident this time around.

Laporta knows his time is running out. The season starts in a couple of weeks and he'll want Messi in that first game. I'm pretty certain Messi wants to start the season right at the start. I could honestly see Messi saying, "oh, I've given them enough time to sort this out. I love Barcelona, but I love playing football even more." It could honestly annoy Messi to the point where he'll have to move on. I bet City and PSG are sitting back. If Barcelona doesn't sort their shit out, I bet they'll be in there with big offers for Messi. Could be a few interesting weeks ahead.

His father is scheduled to get on a plane from Rosario straight flight to Manchester. He will be our mascot Moonchester next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.