Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep saying that Messi isn't in his thoughts at the moment.... because he isn't. Messi was supposed to sign for Barcelona yesterday. I suspect that he isn't in PSG's plans at the moment. They all thought that Messi was signing for Barcelona. They haven't had enough time to think it through yet, but I suspect they will from this point on. But.... now, I suspect that City and PSG will see if the numbers will work. But I can't see how PSG can sign Messi with the likes of Di Maria, Verratti, Donnarumma, Neymar, Mbappe, Ramos, Gini, Hakimi and Marquinhos. Those guys are on well over 200k a week. Actually, if you work out the averages between the players.... each player is probably on over 300k a week.

I honestly believe that City will go all out for Messi. I don't think they can sign Kane this summer due to his price. Not to mention, Kane will probably want around 400k a week. Messi will bring in a lot of sponsorships and shirt sales. Messi will pay for himself.... and he's free. Yeah, his wages will be high, but City will easily earn that back.

For all of us who want Messi to arrive, that was about as good of a Pep conference we could hope for. Seemed very coy and weird about Messi whereas he was forthcoming with Kane and Bernardo. IMO, City are going to wait and see what happens. If PSG swoop in and get him, so be it. But if Messi is still searching in a week’s time… I think we’d go balls out.

Really? Sounded the complete opposite to me
Fair enough. None of us are experts and we all take different things. Perhaps I'm putting way too much emphasis on a few words but knowing how methodical and meticulous Pep is, I think saying Messi is not in our plans right now is deliberate.

he didn't have to add that if we genuinely wasnt even contemplating making him an offer, he's usually very definitive when he talks about Messi, it didn't appear way to me.

I don't see how we bring in Kane after him saying all that. He made it clear we can't afford it and spurs won't negotiate, the comments about some players wanting out and the need to sell before buying indicates to me nobody is putting in bids or at least respectable bids.

That's a lot of stumbling blocks to get through, Messi doesn't have those issues we just have to offer him a contract which we can afford to do and move one player on to make space, which could even be done via a loan if neccesary.

I suppose we don't have too much longer to wait before we all find out either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.