Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe any of the slapstick bollocks that PSG and Qatar are pedalling about it already being done and medicals tomorrow, however I do only see him going to PSG because realistically, who else is there??

Feels like the only viable option for him, all things considered. What a strange, strange situation.

It’s in the Sun, but it seems legit.

1628458969484.jpeg

The report adds that the law firm representing Barca claim that the Ligue 1 club's FFP situation is worse than the Catalans'.

Juan Branco confirmed the filing on Twitter alongside a letter.

He said: "On behalf of FC Barcelona partners, my firm has prepared a complaint with the European Commission and demands for provisional suspension before civil and administrative courts in France to prevent Paris-Saint Germain from signing Lionel Messi.

"PSG's ratios in terms of 'Financial Fair Play' are worse than those of FC Barcelona.

"In 2019-2020, PSG's salary-to-income ratio was 99%, while Barcelona's was 54%. Meanwhile, the difference has increased.

"It is inconceivable that the 'Financial Fair Play' serves to aggravate the drifts of football-business, the instrumentalization of football by sovereign powers, and the distortion of competitions."

Don’t understand the hatred towards him from some fans on here he has justified every penny Barca have paid him it’s the other clowns they’ve overpaid that have caused the greatest player ever to leave for free !
It's not hatred. I don't hate the guy, I reserve me hatred for Rags.

I think he's a greedy fucker and the tears don't work for me. However, I certainly don't hate the guy.

1628459344436.jpeg

The report adds that the law firm representing Barca claim that the Ligue 1 club's FFP situation is worse than the Catalans'.

He said: "On behalf of FC Barcelona partners, my firm has prepared a complaint with the European Commission and demands for provisional suspension before civil and administrative courts in France to prevent Paris-Saint Germain from signing Lionel Messi.

"PSG's ratios in terms of 'Financial Fair Play' are worse than those of FC Barcelona.

"In 2019-2020, PSG's salary-to-income ratio was 99%, while Barcelona's was 54%. Meanwhile, the difference has increased.

"It is inconceivable that the 'Financial Fair Play' serves to aggravate the drifts of football-business, the instrumentalization of football by sovereign powers, and the distortion of competitions."

Maybe I am being harsh but nobody died. I thought the whole thing was appalling. He hasn't healed anyone. He may be the greatest player ever but he could leave his family on Barcelona and fly his jet to Paris daily!
Great post. Proper Gorton that. Love it. I miss Gorton......raised there, left for 25 years for the Army and came back to live in Leve. Still a Gorton lad at heart though.

I love how many people refuse to acknowledge Messi literally pays for himself. Messi will help psg pay the wages of those other new signings rather than cost them.

Messi is one of the biggest brands on the planet. we live in a country that has the best and most watched league in the world, some of the very best players and managers around, some of the biggest supported clubs, some of the most tribal and loyal fanbases around yet Messi is still plastered everywhere even here. imagine how much that increases in countries where their domestic game is crap and the country he actually plays in every week. He prints money, any club in the world that isn't run by a bunch of morons and can afford the initial outlay can afford Messi.

PSG has generated roughly the same amount of revenue as we have over the last few years. The Premier league dwarves everything else but their tinpot league isn't as tinpot as we like to think.

I can't believe so many of our fans are so quick to throw out completely unsubstantiated throwaway comments about PSG and FFP after all the shit we get and the subsequent moaning about it on here.
If Messi paid for hisself and also some of his fellow 0ayers Barcelona, one of the biggest clubs on the planet even without Messi , would not be nearly 500m in debt.

Hes been a great player in a two or three team league. That is all he’s ever been.
Zidane, both ronaldos, and the immortal Maradonna are/were all superior in almost every element of the game AND the all proved themselves in more than one league.

A great player for sure, but enormously overrated.

Also a coward and a scheming shit house of a man.

TBF there’s quite a bit of irony in that letter. But, how the f*ck are PSG affording all these wages? That’s a serious question?

View attachment 23228

Fuck FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.