Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whereas not including Puma when discussing “80% of commercial revenue” isn’t disingenuous at all. I know you’re paid to argue black is white for a living but please spare me.
I'm not paid to argue anything. My job is not a lawyer. Nor was I acting as a lawyer when I advised the club - I was a financial/corporate finance adviser. What are your qualifications in this space?

Nor did I say "80% of commercial revenue".

I will set out the exchange to which you are determined to misstate (for reasons best known to yourself):

M18CTID said:
"But we don’t know how many potential sponsors are lurking in the background. We don’t just rely on Abu Dhabi based sponsors for our commercial income and I’m sure we’d be even less reliant on them if Messi signed. I also don’t think that simply comparing the revenues of Barca and Real Madrid debunk the idea that Messi’s commercial appeal is out there on its own. Sure, Ronaldo is very marketable but Messi is in another league altogether IMO."
I replied as follows:

"Why is comparing Barca's commercial revenue to Real or Bayern or United or City not relevant. If Messi is another league you would see Barca's commercial revenue significantly higher. It is not. These are important data points.

As for our reliance on Abu Dhabi partners, it is something like 80% from memory - the vast majority. There is no evidence that we have a queue of potential sponsors "lurking" just waiting for us to sign Messi. Anyway lets leave it there."

The conversation was about the queue of sponsors (presumably new ones). You can justifiably challenge my recollection of 80% of sponsors being AD sponsor partners - it may well be less today, it won't be materially so - but that was the point and no amount of you re-writing it changes it.

this could have ended very quickly if barca stuck to their word ? but now barca are in a no win place right now

i think city knew messi would not be on a free and some sort of fee was needed, not £700 milion that was just silly and daft by barca, but a £70million to £100million or a couple of players in a swap and both could end up happy

but now barca have nowhere to turn other than trying to make messi stay and sit on the bench or in the stand
messi he will not play for them again and you can not make anybody play or want to make somebody play for you
this will lead to a messi vs the barca fans ? they will turn on him because the club have gone back on a deal and they have turned it all on messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.