Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're using your definition of bombshell predicated on you expecting him to join City.

For 99% of the world him announcing he was joining City or leaving Barcelona at all would be a massive bombshell.
Agreed. Coming to City would be categorized as a bombshell.

Agreed. Coming to City would be categorized as a bombshell.
Don't think it would be,IMO.
Would think everyone is expecting one of three things....1...he stays at Barca...2...he comes to City...3...he goes to PSG.
Anything other than those three,would be a bombshell....just my opinion.

Does bombshell mean something unexpected. Like say leaving Barca and join City. I would hardly class staying at Barca as a bombshell.

The journalist is the one who broke Neymar to PSG and also the one who broke Messi's burofax last Summer so there should be high hopes for it being a genuine 'bombshell'.

Given that he said he wanted to leave last year it would be somewhat
It would not be a bombshell thou would it? You would not be left open mouthed at the news he was staying would you? Indeed, isn't a bombshell something that creates a certain amount of damage? Unless the Spanish media have a different astonishment level associated to 'bombshells'. I would say an individual informing their management at their workplace that they are intending to leave is indeed a bombshell. This is then in management's court. But who knows? <caveat>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.