Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, and then sign back for Barcelona? Seems weird. He could find himself out of options. Nothing would surprise me though
Maybe he was only 3 options at the very most, Barca , PSG or us.

It appears, despite reports of "great unhappiness" he won't play on greatly reduced terms which would give him a greater choice of teams to play for.

What, and then sign back for Barcelona? Seems weird. He could find himself out of options. Nothing would surprise me though

For sure. It’s not a situation I’d want to try and predict. Pol Ballus did a podcast with me a couple of days ago. He suggested it could go that way with his contract and he understands the Barcelona/Messi situation far better than I do.

Maybe he was only 3 options at the very most, Barca , PSG or us.

It appears, despite reports of "great unhappiness" he won't play on greatly reduced terms which would give me a greater choice of teams to play for.

I struggle to see two if not all three of those happily waiting for him to wait for Barcelona to sort out their finances, which may not even happan this year.

I also find it a bit unsustainable, from a relationship with barcelona fans. Surely, great as he is, there will come a point when thay just arent that bothered any more. Not signing an extension after being held to his contract and honouring it is one thing. Not signing an extension but sitting waiting beyond his contract to judge if the club are worthy of him signing on is a bit insulting to mes que imho.

I struggle to see two if not all three of those happily waiting for him to wait for Barcelona to sort out their finances, which may not even happan this year.

I also find it a bit unsustainable, from a relationship with barcelona fans. Surely, great as he is, there will come a point when thay just arent that bothered any more. Not signing an extension after being held to his contract and honouring it is one thing. Not signing an extension but sitting waiting beyond his contract to judge if the club are worthy of him signing on is a bit insulting to mes que imho.
The problem I have with guys like Messi is money.

He was earned hundreds of millions, rightly so, he is the very best, but now at he end of his career , don't you just want to play and enjoy your football, is money not totally irrelevant to happiness?

For sure. It’s not a situation I’d want to try and predict. Pol Ballus did a podcast with me a couple of days ago. He suggested it could go that way with his contract and he understands the Barcelona/Messi situation far better than I do.

It would almost be better, for everyone concerned, if he commited to Barcelona for another year on reduced wages, that could be made up later when things are 'sorted' (i.e they find new debt) than it would be to have everyone and everything in limbo. How on earth do Barcelona plan around that, their transfers, finances, etc.

He also risks missing out on options or the pre-season preparations whetever that may be. Would be bloody weird.

I was so optimistic at one point last summer of this happening it does hurt a little that I’d probably say there is a 1% chance in my eyes that he will end up here now.

One thing that might be worth noting is when Agüero signs presumably a few days after the champions league final next week when they announce him I wonder if he’ll have a shirt number by then, if he doesn’t get a shirt number maybe he might be hanging fire incase messi 10 becomes available?

He has an interview tomorrow. Probably to talk about Copa America. But no doubt a queation on his future will come in some form.

If he says anything like 'will decide after the tournament', I'm sorry, but he is pissing all over Barcelona as an institution. And they deserve better. Honestly, he would have been better taking them to court last season and it would have been less insulting than if he were to drag it on beyond his contract.

I've been all for signing messi if it is possible, but i think that might be a character reveal too far for me, to want to see at City.

He has an interview tomorrow. Probably to talk about Copa America. But no doubt a queation on his future will come in some form.

If he says anything like 'will decide after the tournament', I'm sorry, but he is pissing all over Barcelona as an institution. And they deserve better. Honestly, he would have been better taking them to court last season and it would have been less insulting than if he were to drag it on beyond his contract.

I've been all for signing messi if it is possible, but i think that might be a character reveal too far for me, to want to see at City.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking time to whether or not to uproot his family. I did think his mind was set on leaving especially after failing to win the league and getting knocked out early in CL. But with his buddy Aguero going there, he might just stay after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.