Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The assumption has been that the only reason Messi wants to leave is that Barcelona are broke but if they could scrape money together or even "solve" their financial crisis Leo would sign on the dotted line after the new board was elected. The great problem with this line of thought is that it is expressed only by the club - at no time has Messi said that he wished to leave the club for financial reasons or that his wish to leave was in any way linked to Barcelona's financial plight, to which he has never even referred. Messi's future and the club's finances are linked only in the minds of club officials and this seems to have convinced many on here that they are genuinely linked.

Messi has not spoken of his future since last summer when he said he would make his decision at the end of the season. The major development since then is that his contract with Barcelona has expired and this is a strong clue to his intentions to my mind. That the club realises the true extent of its financial crisis would also appear to confirm that renewal is not a realistic offer that can be made. It seems Messi no longer has that option. And not surprisingly the frustrations which provoked Messi's bombshell last summer have only become worse; thrashed in the CL, only third in la liga and no evidence of any serious team rebuilding. My purely personal opinion is that the only question which remains unanswered is which club will he play for next season? He could, of course, retire or go into semi-retirement in Miami but this does not seem anything like the future he envisaged when he spoke of wanting to win the CL or when he referred to Pep in such glowing terms. The choice would seem to be PSG or City. City have said Messi must approach us, and Pep has said he hopes he ends his career AT Barcelona but Messi seems to have ended his career with Barcelona by letting his contract expire and it was Messi whi introduced Pep and City into the question last summer... If he has not changed his mind since, his decision appears to have been made. So, if Tolmie could tell us a bit more about the big thing that was about to kick off last week ....
I must have missed that. I didn't think we'd said anything publicly?

Pep:
“It seems to me good that Tebes does not want to move even a comma from the salary limit. We also have to adjust because if we do not do it correctly, they will file a complaint with us and we will have to defend ourselves in court. Ferran (Soriano) does things correctly. If we do things like this it is because they are correct ”.

"If Tebas sold the product better, would it be easier for Barça to have Messi ? He does everything well, but then the problem is everything from other countries and other clubs

pep also gets asked about sergi roberto ffs, but answers saying:
“I will not answer for these things. Sergi is a Barça player . All the Barça players and all the Barça players and other great teams in the world are good, but Sergi is a Barça player and I will not respond to the national television of Catalonia ”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.