Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's really leaving this time!
I've heard that narrative many times before. Either way I'm not interested. I would think the club has a lot more sense now after all the false starts we've suffered. No need to pine for something that was never meant to be. The club certainly does not need him in our squad outside of promos and prime material for gloating against rivals. His still a great player but we have a squad of players more than capable of creating their own magic.

I find it so hard to believe we wouldn’t even give him a decision to make and let PSG have a clear run at him. We must be very stubborn (last Summer and 2016) if we do!
I’d guess Pep has him on speed dial too, I dont think he’ll come here but to think we won’t even drop a call to ask is daft.

Not buying any report about Messi being in contact with any team. This literally happened 3 hours ago. He could still end up in Barcelona. Any reporter chatting about Messi and contacts is pure speculation. It’s way too soon, especially for a man who makes decisions at a snails pace.

Oh I agree. But for the moment it feels like this is still Pep’s call. He has to change direction.

correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t Pep always said he wants Messi to stay at Barca but if that is no longer an option he may give the green light.

It’s also worth noting that a deal for Kane over 5 years would probably be worth in the region of £300 million. Messi would make us a lot more money than Kane would so I’d imagine Messi would make sense if levy is being a **** as rumoured earlier.

Trouble with this line is the way PSG pissed off messi with the public comments last summer, if Messi is going somewhere don’t expect the press to know too much about it until the deal is done (I have my own suspicions that this might already be the case).

PAG lost a lot of ground with the circus they created last summer around this.

Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised by plots twists galore in the Messi/Barca story.
Totally agree about any deal, the situation with Barcelona won't have been a surprise to Messi, he will know exactly where he's heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.