Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the crazy thing about FFP..... Why is it not related to debt, but instead linked to turnover?

You can be £1bn in debt, but as long as you can afford to make the debt & interest repayments, you pass FFP. However, if your rich owner decides to sink his personal fortune into a club, that is illegal under FFP. Why on earth was this bent system of control ever allowed to stand? :-|

It’s not crazy. It’s exactly as the cunts planned it

That's the crazy thing about FFP..... Why is it not related to debt, but instead linked to turnover?

You can be £1bn in debt, but as long as you can afford to make the debt & interest repayments, you pass FFP. However, if your rich owner decides to sink his personal fortune into a club, that is illegal under FFP. Why on earth was this bent system of control ever allowed to stand? :-|

We all know why.....

I'm sure some creative accounting can come up with the dosh to bring Messi here. I don't mean anything that will get us back in trouble with the FFP overlords. Didn't Ronaldo's shirt sales at Juventus literally pay for transfer in a few days? Think of the Messi merch!

So if 2-4 really want to leave and manage to for some miracle get bids then we could at least have the squad space.... this time it feels different and that we won't actually get him, still think there is a long way to go with all this yet

I think when you look at it from them time all we had to hang on to was an idea of loyalty, once you start shopping where we do now and see how players want to play for you - you see it for what it is, the pounds and cups - even playing for Pep. And Pep is here for his own goals. I fully got why Villa fans were gutted about Grealish and his perceived lack of loyalty, it’s all they have.

Next generation of blues will no doubt be searching for some loyalty link, was a boyhood fan, local lad, the “this means more” shit that the dippers come out with etc etc. Of course we got lucky and now a lot of our players stay for a long while, become legends and take us to their heart. But if we were shit that would quickly become a short list.

Now we have a team of superstars it is easier seeing one leave as we know it won't affect the status quo too much. When teams rely on just one star player it is a major trauma when they leave. Clubs that aren't successful feel it more deeply. We have seen much loved top class players come and go and we still win trophies. The more successful you are the less it matters, although you still feel the emotional loss of certain players of course, you know it's the club as a whole that really matters not individuals.

Pep made three points if you are used to how he phrases things. Reading between the lines:

A few players want to leave but they can’t because nobody will match their wages and pay a transfer fee.

We really want Kane but we are not going to pay what Spurs want.

We were taken by surprise with Messi not rejoining Barca so I don’t know what to say right now as we are concentrating on Kane.

I believe that’s what he meant but he didn’t use those words.

Bummer about Phil‘s injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.