Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get that it's not happening from peps words then. He repeatedly mentioned we can't afford to pay for 2 players, we wouldn't be paying a fee for Messi. He said he didn't expect Messi to leave and he's not in our thoughts right now because of that. Doesn't mean he won't be in our thoughts going forward. Pep choose his words quite carefully there, sounded to me like Kane is dead in the water but Messi is an option.

I didn't get that it's not happening from peps words then. He repeatedly mentioned we can't afford to pay for 2 players, we wouldn't be paying a fee for Messi. He said he didn't expect Messi to leave and he's not in our thoughts right now because of that. Doesn't mean he won't be in our thoughts going forward. Pep choose his words quite carefully there, sounded to me like Kane is dead in the water but Messi is an option.
He said we are interested in Kane and we will try but its down to spurs to want to sell. He said as of now Messi not in our thoughts. Now we all know that can change, but how you got kane deal dead going for Messi from that I don't know lol.

Messi does have a dilemma:

If he moves to City he will have the back room support and slotting into a team based on his Barcelona. He seems very family oriented so it may help him settle after the politics of Barca. The issues are moving to Manchester and playing in a tough league at 34.

Psg offer a different project but one he may want. A sort of semi retirement before heading to America with another champions league medal.

Hard decision. It all comes down to what his family want IMO.

He said we are interested in Kane and we will try but its down to spurs to want to sell. He said as of now Messi not in our thoughts. Now we all know that can change, but how you got kane deal dead going for Messi from that I don't know lol.
Because people really want Messi, which is completely understandable given he's the greatest ever. So naturally you'd want to cling on to any hope you've got that it could happen. Because even someone who's against Messi knows that he's still the best on the planet, and probably will be until he's 45.

I wouldn't complain either way, but the evidence definitely isn't leaning towards us going for Messi over Kane right now.

I got the Kane deal is dead from that because Pep literally said "if Tottenham don't want to negotiate then it is finished" there's been nothing whatsoever to suggest spurs want to negotiate. They want to keep him, and if they were to sell, we know from past experience it would be a levys price.

Add in the talk about us only being able to buy one player, a need to sell first and a subsequent comment about having no acceptable bids for the players who want to leave I don't know how anybody is coming out of that with anything remotely positive about Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.