- / €13,50
IC 14h10 17h35 3h25 €28,70/€21,90
icon_star.gif
- / €13,50
AP 17h31 20h23 2h52 €30,70/€22,90
IC 18h40 22h02 3h22 €28,70/€21,90
icon_star.gif
€17,50/€11,00
Promo tickets cheap if booked in advance also.
Maybe so but I'm not travelling to Faro ;-)

I live in the Algarve. Yes it is doable. I would get the train down to here from Lisbon approx 2hrs, as stated in a post earlier the trains aren't expensive. I would fly from Faro to Porto you can get flights up to there probably cheaper than the trains and the trains take approx 4-5hrs flight is about an hour.

Or if possible flip it and arrive in Porto, then fly to the Algarve and then train to Lisbon

Oh and when in Porto go here
https://images.app.goo.gl/fPT5tj3zJkgQvEhq9
This is extremely helpful, thank you friend! Can't miss the fancy McDonald's

Lisbon is a nice place to visit. I was there with my dad for his 50th a few years ago. We stayed in Cascais but did a day trip to Lisbon, did a tour of Benfica's ground which was really good. It just so happened to be the day when Benfica played Chelsea in the Europa League final. Seemed like a really good idea at the time to go and enjoy the atmosphere in the city centre where they had big screens set up for the game. Great atmosphere in the build up, sun was out and everyone enjoying themselves. The the game starts, Chelsea go a goal up, the atmosphere gets a bit more tense and me n the old man start getting some suspicious looks on account of the the fact we stand out a mile as not being remotely portuguese. Got to a point where we basically had to slide off as unnoticed as possible and jump on the train back to Cascais for our own good.
So yeah, Lisbon's alright! Can't comment on Porto.

Would recommend Lisbon for a city break, really interesting place. Not been to Porto but heard it’s good and it’s on my list for the future.

An earlier poster mentioned that Porto is scruffy, which is harsh. What I do agree with is that you come across oddly scruffy parts of it, which there's no obvious explanation for. I thought Porto was great, but it doesn't compete with Lisbon. The huge Tagus sweeping out into the Atlantic is just dramatic.
There is, on the other hand, the Douro valley within striking distance of Porto, which is sumptuous countryside, especially for wine fanciers.
But in any case, the Portuguese, in my experience, are lovely people. Like our Bernardo. So anywhere's good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.