Little gems to visit in the UK

Love the coast up from Tynemouth; the unpromising sounding Seaton Sluice has one of the best views in the country from the Kings Arms, and Whitley Bay is transformed.

Almost anywhere in this country is worth a visit, apart from Maidenhead (prove me wrong).
I went to Seaton Sluice and to Old Hartley, amazing views

The Ribble Valley has some great little places to visit. Downham, Slaidburn,Waddington and others, live quite close but an easy day out from the manc area.

I went to Seaton Sluice and to Old Hartley, amazing views
Whitley Bay has been renovated now and is a really nice place to visit if you're up there again. Of course Tynemouth and Cullercoats are the "busy places" (busy still means empty up there!). Further up the road, Blyth is worth stopping at just for The Coastline chippy - that's the one place that's always packed and for good reason. It's the best chippy in the UK! There is a park next to the port which is interesting. Blyth had problems in the past but it's being regenerated and it's weird seeing the port next to the park!

You could try going up the road to Warkworth, Bamburgh, Alnmouth and Amble too next time you are up there. Warkworth high street is really pretty and the castle at the top is probably the most English view I can think of! I'm talking picture postcard stuff, the kind of images you could use for advertising abroad! Of course, Bamburgh Castle is stunning and right on the beach. Morpeth and Alnwick are also worth a stop off to. Northumberland is full of absolutely stunning little places and the best part is that it's practically empty all year round. I go up a fair bit and even on the hottest day of the year, on a summers weekend, somewhere like Tynemouth will have a couple of hundred people on these beautiful, huge beaches.

I've yet to do it but you can go to Kielder and stay in a lodge. It's the darkest place in the UK (might be England) and on clear nights the skies are supposed to be spectacular. You can see the Milky Way in ways you will never see anywhere else in England/UK. It's supposed to be a great spot for walks/cycling too.

Newcastle itself is well worth visiting as it is a beautiful city - the Tyne Bridge is iconic of course, but the other bridges (think there are 7 in total) are worth it too. The Quayside is really nice with lots of bars and restuarants. North Shields is great if you like top quality chippy's (it's not cheap mind). In the city centre you have the "Oldcastle" and the area around Grey Street is stunning and filled with architectural gems. It's a cliche, but the people are bloody friendly up there too and if you want a chat you will always find someone who's more than prepared to pass the time! Of course, Durham is worth visiting as well and isn't far on the train.

I'm also a big fan of Bristol, it's a brilliant city. The area around the port is great with plenty to see do and, of course, with plenty of places for a pint. The whole city is stunning and it reminds me of a small London with plenty of architecture and history. The history of the city is very interesting. It's actually quite small really and within a few miles you're in open countryside. The bridges are worth going over - especially the big one as it's just incredible how long it is! Bath is about 20 miles (from memory) away and it's absolutely stunning - you wouldn't think anywhere like that exists in England! Touristy I know, but with good reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.