Little gems to visit in the UK

Yorkshire sculpture park is an interesting place to mooch about for a day, especially if the weather is good.
Bristol is a great weekend city break. Interesting place, some stunning architecture/scenery and great nightlife. Has something of the Mancunian counterculture vibe in terms of music, arts etc
Love bristol. Fine city to visit.

For a weekend, or even just a day if you’re not too far - Haworth. There’s a lovely pub called The Fleece with accommodation. Quirky shops, couple more pubs and a fairly new IPA/craft beer bar.

Lovely little place.
Main St. is wall to wall crap tourist tat shops. Best thing is my mates second hand bookshop. If closed, go to the Fleece and ask for Tony!
In summer, the town is full of Japanese who are bonkers about the Brontes. Signs to Brontë waterfall are in Japanese. Brontë museum well worth a visit.
Recent residents include Stan Barstow (A Kind of Loving) now deceased, and P.J.Proby.
On a recent visit Ray Davies caused a bit of a stir amongst the girls in the cafe.

Currently in a cottage with our three dogs, in a lovely little village called Sandford, about ten minutes drive south of Appelby In Westmorland. Just a collection of houses and one pub (The Sandford Arms) where we had a top Sunday roast dinner yesterday.

Great setting, and hand for getting to the Lakes or Yorkshire Dales from.

Never been to Corfe, the camping club used to have a site there but it's since gone private, tried to book on during the first week of June but fully booked, Bristol has a caravan club site on the docks but it's expected to close any time now as the council sadly want to build flats

Sssh you...

Corfe is my favourite place in England, it's also rarely busy. Would rather it was kept that way.

My apologies. I was there about four week ago. Ran from there along the coast past past Kimmeridge, up to Worbarrow bay and then back to Corfe along the Ridgway. It chucked it down as soon as I got to the cafe and it was outside seating only.

Liverpool. Very little is known about that place, the media never talk about it and the city never draws any attention to itself.

I’m a few doors down from The Lion in North Street. I will report back week after next :-)
That gave me a smile, I have a little place right next door to the Lion and funnily enough just got back from it today.
Winchcombe’s brilliant as it’s more of a locals town and not packed with tourists.
If you go again pm me and if I’m there I’ll buy you a pint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.