Little things in games you enjoy

Gabriel

In these dog days of summer, I was thinking about those small things in football that you sometimes see but which generally go unnoticed. However, when you do see them, they just add that little bit extra to the enjoyment of the spectacle. Here are three such examples.

We score, and as players runs to celebrate with the scorer the ball bounces back into the box only for a teammate to lash it again into the empty net, preferably into the roof, before running to join in the celebrations.

We score, and as the players run to celebrate, the ball bounces back to a defender who picks it up and in his blind rage kicks it high into the sky, preferably into the crowd.

We score away from home, and as the players run to celebrate in front of the home crowd, a single plastic pint pot floats through the sky and lands on the pitch at their feet. It’s always just one pot and always empty.

Any others?

When we score against utd and Raheem kicks the ball in Pogba's face and makes his nose bleed.... Please make that happen before he leaves utd.

I agree with the scoring team player lashing into the back if the net after a goal. I seem to remembee Fernie enjoyin doing that on many occasion. Love also when team huddle after a celebration the last man leap frogging onto the huddled players and cheering to the crowd. Kolorov was good for that and noticed young Zinky taking the reins on that particular celebration style.

Lately Vinny punching the air last season & 11/12....years ago the Mariel & Hardy whistle when the cops came around the pitch but mostly the pure joy & happiness of hugging my lad on goals in big games which I never thought I'd see again - he had no hope at all for a while.

Once City score, I'm too busy bouncing to notice or give a fuck what's going on around me, having said that, VAR in the CL has curtailed my bouncing somewhat, until the ****s lets us know ... it's ok to bounce, Fuck VAR.....

In these dog days of summer, I was thinking about those small things in football that you sometimes see but which generally go unnoticed. However, when you do see them, they just add that little bit extra to the enjoyment of the spectacle. Here are three such examples.

We score, and as players runs to celebrate with the scorer the ball bounces back into the box only for a teammate to lash it again into the empty net, preferably into the roof, before running to join in the celebrations.

We score, and as the players run to celebrate, the ball bounces back to a defender who picks it up and in his blind rage kicks it high into the sky, preferably into the crowd.

We score away from home, and as the players run to celebrate in front of the home crowd, a single plastic pint pot floats through the sky and lands on the pitch at their feet. It’s always just one pot and always empty.

Any others?
belgium score and batshuayi goes to belt the rebounding ball in to the empty net but misses and it hits the post and rebounds into his face. I’d like to see that more often.

someone having to do Kun's button up on his shirt last season.

Previously Yaya, but now Sergio's, awkward half-limp after he's had to run around for a bit, making you think he has another muscle strain, only for him to run off 40 yards down the touchline like a terrier after a lost cause.

The exasperation of the one opposition player who goes for the press and turns round pissed off at his team-mates who know they're playing us so there's no point doing it.

Ederson being given a back-pass that Peter Enckelman would have missed and he just nonchalantly knocks it to the one team-mate the opposition aren't pressing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.