Little Trip Down Memory Lane

lasereyes

On Dec 7, 2013, Pellegrini's City played their 15th game. At the end, their record stood at P15, W9, D2, L4, Pts 29. They were 5pts behind the leaders and the sages of the Bluemoon Forum were calling for Pellegrini's head.

Fast forward 728 days and our record happens to be identical. And surprise, surprise, the flappers are out in full force.

Now you can argue that the games we lost that year were close and even that we deserved to win some of them. But against that, we had nothing like the injury ravages we have had this season.

Does that mean we will go on a storming run and take the league? I'm not predicting anything of the sort. But in a year where nobody is stringing consistent form together, we are still very much in the race. And if we can get a good result at Arsenal in 2 weeks time (which with their injury situation is a certainly a possibility), we will go into the Xmas period fairly handily placed.

Our fate is going to depend on Kompany staying fit. If he plays most of the rest of the season, then we still have a great chance.

Good post. Still a few blues too raw from today and too full of booze to cope with common sense and perspective just yet though.

One thing I will predict is that Liverpool's form will tail off. Teams will study and learn to combat Klopp's style. Increasingly, you will see them let Liverpool have the ball and play like an away team.

Good post. Still a few blues too raw from today and too full of booze to cope with common sense and perspective just yet though.

I was pissed, and in my drunkeness I thought, it couldn't be that bad, let's watch motd, and find the positives, now I'm sober and pissed off again

Sorry you can compare two seasons ago stats as much as you want - we have spent 200 mill since then and are playing a lot worse. We didn't lose two games 4-1 that season playing absolutely f'in sh*te

B
On Dec 7, 2013, Pellegrini's City played their 15th game. At the end, their record stood at P15, W9, D2, L4, Pts 29. They were 5pts behind the leaders and the sages of the Bluemoon Forum were calling for Pellegrini's head.

Fast forward 728 days and our record happens to be identical. And surprise, surprise, the flappers are out in full force.

Now you can argue that the games we lost that year were close and even that we deserved to win some of them. But against that, we had nothing like the injury ravages we have had this season.

Does that mean we will go on a storming run and take the league? I'm not predicting anything of the sort. But in a year where nobody is stringing consistent form together, we are still very much in the race. And if we can get a good result at Arsenal in 2 weeks time (which with their injury situation is a certainly a possibility), we will go into the Xmas period fairly handily placed.

Our fate is going to depend on Kompany staying fit. If he plays most of the rest of the season, then we still have a great chance.
The difference now is in our actual performance though.

Even when we are winning, we go through periods in the game where we look absolutely woeful. Newcastle should have been 2-0 up, Bournemouth should have been a goal and a man up. Southampton could have got back into it last week. Liverpool could have had 8, Stoke today could have had 5 or 6, we lost 4-1 to Spurs, we failed to beat Villa despite then not winning since Dalian Atkinson played for them.

Stats can be dressed up to suit whichever angle you're coming from, but we know what we are seeing with our eyes. Sevilla aside, when was the last time we actually performed to our capability for the full 90? Furthermore, how many games could we have been on the end of a hammering? Liverpool, Stoke, Gladbach, Spurs.

I remember the Stuttgart game the week before the season and how much of a sham we looked. It was brushed aside because we started the season so well, but when you look back at that game we have since put in 3 or 4 performances which have been equally as worrying.

I was pissed, and in my drunkeness I thought, it couldn't be that bad, let's watch motd, and find the positives, now I'm sober and pissed off again
lol. Serves you right. Did you honestly think motd was going to be happyvviewing tonight?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.