Live music concerts.

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
I'm talking about big venues where thousands of people turn up.
Does anyone else think they are way overrated, way to expensive, and just over the whole thing?

I don't think I could be bothered going to see some big name act anymore.
It's all a massive rip off.

Is it just me?

Last edited:
Been to loads of gigs but almost all of my most memorable have been at smaller venues. Once it goes above a couple of thousand I feel it loses a bit of something. Bigger the crowd more people don't know the band and are there for the 2 or 3 songs they know and spend the rest of the time talking or pissing about on the phone. Saw The Stone Roses 3 times. Spike Island and Heaton Park comeback but the best I saw was Wolverhampton Civic Hall on the Second Coming tour and they were on top form and the atmosphere was unbelievable. That's about as big a venue for me.

The best big show bands that I ve were Roger Waters the wall tour and U2`s 360 tour. Both epic.

Chemical Bro`s usually have awesome visuals which are in sync with top tunes. With any big show it is smoke and mirrors but some are either worth it for the show or the sheer love for the music/show.

Rammenstien were to play Belfast this year, which was an option to work at. Their rig and show is worth a look alone. As you get older you may just not be as bothered to catch every show.

Some smaller acts have delivered some of the best gigs I ve seen in the years.

Digitalism, Sigor Ros, Radiohead, Kila, Neil Young, Lenny Kravitz, Wu Tang ....even James Brown were gigs I caught which to me were amazing.

Saul Williams deserves a mention as he went off mic and into the crowd for one of the most intimate shows. He is a dude. Only a small gig but it worked to perfection.

I definitely size up ticket prices and value when getting tickets, I found it better to get a trip away to see someone you like and get a holiday in too. Like mates went to Prague to catch Tool when they sold out here....years back!

The best big show bands that I ve were Roger Waters the wall tour and U2`s 360 tour. Both epic.

Chemical Bro`s usually have awesome visuals which are in sync with top tunes. With any big show it is smoke and mirrors but some are either worth it for the show or the sheer love for the music/show.

Rammenstien were to play Belfast this year, which was an option to work at. Their rig and show is worth a look alone. As you get older you may just not be as bothered to catch every show.

Some smaller acts have delivered some of the best gigs I ve seen in the years.

Digitalism, Sigor Ros, Radiohead, Kila, Neil Young, Lenny Kravitz, Wu Tang ....even James Brown were gigs I caught which to me were amazing.

I definitely size up ticket prices and value when getting tickets, I found it better to get a trip away to see someone you like and get a holiday in too. Like mates went to Prague to catch Tool when they sold out here....years back!
I love Digitalism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.