Live performances you feel so lucky to have been at.

moggymoz

QUEEN, at Knebworth park, Magic tour 86 (Last Concert)

RUSH, at the Manchester Arena, Clockwork Angels Tour 2013

KISS, at the Nynex Arena Manchester*, Alive/Worldwide 96/97 Tour (also known as the Reunion Tour) the last time the original band played together

*No concert footage of the Manchester Gig :(

Springsteen in Roundhay Park the day Boris Becker won at Wimbledon ....it was a bastard to get out of though

Queen at Elland Road....shit support from memory it was only Joan Jett, The Teardrop Explodes and Heart - fucking boiling mind

Elton John in Leeds and the Ramones twice

Only saw Rory once on his comeback in the 80’s.
Would have loved to have been old enough to see him on his 1974 tour.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread. Should be the concerts I wish I’d been at.

Have seen far many excellent concerts over the years to really name here .... ABBA , Celine Dion , Gloria Estefan , Whitney Houston , Barry White, The Four Tops , to name but a few ....

Loads of them. Too many to mention really, but a few are:

Led Zeppelin at Knebworth
Freddie Mercury Tribute at Wembley
Kiss' first UK gig at FTH
Rush first MCR gig at FTH
Van Halen's first Madison Square Garden gig
Foo Fighters at O2 anniversary
John Mellencamp @ Dingwalls
Black Sabbath at the Apollo supported by Van Halen
Queen at Stafford Bingley Hall - the one that inspired We are the Champions
Oasis at Maine Road
The Who at Shepherd's Bush Empire
Kiss at HMV Forum
Paul Rodgers at New Theatre Oxford (Robert Plant and Brian Johnson appeared for the encore)

Oasis @Knebworth

Echo & The Bunnymen @ some pub in Brisbane

James @ Manchester University Students Union

Depeche Mode @ Waldbuhne Berlin

New Order @ Jodrel Bank (1st time)

Hot Chip @ West Holts (Glastonbury)

Been to plenty of gigs, including 25 Paul McCartney concerts, so they're all special to me...

but i'd say him playing 1000 capacity Liverpool gig in 2010 is special,

seeing ringo join him on stage last December in London on my birthday was mind blowing (we were 3rd row middle!)
though to me all my Paul gigs were amazing to be able to be at.

The George Harrison tribute concert "concert for George" was amazing, Paul. ringo, Clapton, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Ravi Shankar, Billy Preston, emotional night.

Other gigs - The Kinks at the apollo in 93 rocked..

I've seen a wide range tbh, Tori Amos about 50 times (don't laugh, i love her!), Paul, was glad to get to 2 Ringo gigs in 2011, The Kinks, Ray Davies, Dave Davies solo gig my ears never recovered from, All about eve, the monkees, Brian Wilson, Jason Falkner, Sean Lennon, things i shouldn't admit to like wet wet wet. Gloria Estefan too, she was great. Plenty more.. money used to limit me (and before i knew anyone with a car getting home from gigs used to be a problem too!) so we'd stick to the people we really loved usually (hence a billion Paul McCartney and Tori Amos concerts)

Springsteen in Roundhay Park the day Boris Becker won at Wimbledon ....it was a bastard to get out of though

Was that '85 ? I recall the exit to our car park was blocked after an accident. People were driving down the embankments to get off. My friend was in her brothers prized black Capri and wouldn't chance it. Waited for what seemed like hours to just get off the car park. Fantastic concert though.

My first stadium concert, Emerson Lake & Palmer 1977, I was 15 years old. Absolutely mind blowing.
Who, Pink Floyd x2, Genesis x2, Yes x4, Rush x2, Al di Meola, John McLaughlin, Frank Zappa, Robert Plant x2,
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Supertramp x2, Tragically Hip x2. King Crimson x3, Steve Hackett x3. Loads more.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.