Live performances you feel so lucky to have been at.

That gig was out of this world. Nirvana at their peak and supported by Teenage Fanclub and The Breeders. Not sure if you’ve ever seen this and a few other clips on YouTube.

Other one for me was Oasis in front of about 500 at the Limelight in Belfast. It was a Sunday night and they found out that Definitely Maybe had entered the album chart at number one. Spoke to most of the band in the bar before and after. Liam wouldn’t believe that I was a blue “i don’t fucking believe you” and Noel told me when they were huge he was going to buy three Brazilians, happy days.

The one that got away was The Roses at Maysfield a few days before they played Glasgow Green in 1990. My bro was laid up in hospital and gave me his ticket. I’d just turned 14 so didn’t fancy it on my own. Little did I know that would their last couple of gigs as they were back then, still wounded now!

Briefest live performance I've been to was Ned's Atomic Dustbin up at Queen's (Mandela Hall?) back in the early 90s. The support acts had came and gone, everything went black and the intro for the first song started. That prompted hundreds to surge towards the stage causing the front of the stage to collapse and the lead-singer ended up in the crowd. All the lights came on again and we waited and waited and waited until eventually the gig was cancelled and we'd to collect our tickets on the way out and wait for it to be re-scheduled. Crazy times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.