Live performances you feel so lucky to have been at.

James on the seven tour supported by Radiohead

maybe was the laid tour . Was 92/93

Springsteen in Roundhay Park the day Boris Becker won at Wimbledon ....it was a bastard to get out of though

Queen at Elland Road....shit support from memory it was only Joan Jett, The Teardrop Explodes and Heart - fucking boiling mind

Elton John in Leeds and the Ramones twice
I was at Roundhey too. Still got the ticket. No hiding place from the sun!

I saw a Manchester v Cancer gig at The MEN in about 2005 or so that had a few acts on including Ian Brown, Echo and the Bunnymen and some others. Noel Gallagher did an hour of acoustic Oasis songs which was pretty special. He did stuff that Oasis never bothered with, Dont' Go Away etc.
Weller came on and they did Butterfly Collecter

Bowie at Maine Road Glass Spider Tour,both nights
My one and only Bowie gig. Most people around me were bored rigid (me included) as he didnt do any of the hits until either Rebel Rebel or Gene Genie at the end and that was it. Think the Glass Spider was a double album and he just went through that on the night.

Was more entertained by Alison Moyet and Terence T Darby.

Loads of them. Too many to mention really, but a few are:

Led Zeppelin at Knebworth
Freddie Mercury Tribute at Wembley
Kiss' first UK gig at FTH
Rush first MCR gig at FTH
Van Halen's first Madison Square Garden gig
Foo Fighters at O2 anniversary
John Mellencamp @ Dingwalls
Black Sabbath at the Apollo supported by Van Halen
Queen at Stafford Bingley Hall - the one that inspired We are the Champions
Oasis at Maine Road
The Who at Shepherd's Bush Empire
Kiss at HMV Forum
Paul Rodgers at New Theatre Oxford (Robert Plant and Brian Johnson appeared for the encore)
that is some list OB1

Oasis 10 years of noise and confusion
10 April 2001 - Manchester Apollo
Incredible! Only 1000 people in attendance. Had to queue overnight for 20 hours for tickets though!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.