Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not suggesting they will triumph come the end of the season , but they are looking impressive and have played some decent teams already.

If we beat them on New Years Day I will be absolutely buzzing because we don't seem able to cope well on recent visits to Anfield, and a win there would certainly be a statement of improvement imo.

Yeah, I was hoping we'd be going into that game with a lead of several points over them as our record there is shocking. However, as things stand it might be us that are several points behind them come the time that we play them - especially as we've got the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal coming up plus tricky looking fixtures away at Palace and Burnley whereas Liverpool's run-in prior to that New Year's Eve game looks far easier. That said, you never know how things will pan out and we might win 5 or 6 on the bounce while they drop some silly points. I mean, who could've predicted after getting battered by Arsenal that Chelsea would go on to win 5 in a row, scoring 16 and conceding none? And who would've thought, after playing so well against us, that Spurs have since gone 7 games without a win?

Not Liverpool being great imo but Watford being absolute gash
Three clean sheets in a row, and suddenly just complete crap.

Team after team just giving away chances. Liverpool scoring loads of goals in cup and PL, surely they must run out of luck soon?! I mean, it has been going on since this Klopp dude arrived, over a year ago? Enough is enough already!

Not Liverpool being great imo but Watford being absolute gash

Certainly Watford didn't make it difficult, but in fairness I thought Liverpool looked very good going forward.

I remain of the opinion that Coutinho is the key and excellent when everything going their way, and not afraid to shoot, but goes missing when it gets tough or things not going their way. Stopping him from playing is perhaps the key, and certain teams will be planning a way for negating his influence.

Even the Rags and Jose the bus driver managed it.

Come on mate, this has been said year after year. Remember 2013 Slippy G? We will beat them on New Year's Day and let's see where the table stands by then.
But imagine the stick Mou (after spending 150 m pounds) will get if Liverpool really wins the league? Interesting times ahead.

NY Eve.. 5.30ko.. which is an absolute pisstake

How will they expect Liverpool fans to get there?!? Not so bad for us as we've only got to travel 35 miles

Certainly Watford didn't make it difficult, but in fairness I thought Liverpool looked very good going forward.

I remain of the opinion that Coutinho is the key and excellent when everything going their way, and not afraid to shoot, but goes missing when it gets tough or things not going their way. Stopping him from playing is perhaps the key, and certain teams will be planning a way for negating his influence.

Even the Rags and Jose the bus driver managed it.

Mane 6/2
Coutinho 5/5
Firmino 5/3
Lallana 3/5
Milner 4/1

Nice team effort, rather than an individual effort from Coutinho.

2002640917060997805_rs.jpg

Still keeping to the template.

Wow. You can never have tapped into the cynical, pessimistic mind of a Scandinavian Liverpool supporter

Not suggesting they will triumph come the end of the season , but they are looking impressive and have played some decent teams already.

If we beat them on New Years Day I will be absolutely buzzing because we don't seem able to cope well on recent visits to Anfield, and a win there would certainly be a statement of improvement imo.
100% this.

I am suggesting they will triumph, been saying since the start, Klopp has the personality and drive to achieve for them, Pep is unfortunately playing catchup until he gets the team and mindset right.

I hate it, I really do, I work with a lot of scousers and the bullshit about Liv crowd and fans and history making the difference over the oil money... Honestly I would rather Utds win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.