Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiev Airport can't cope with the extra flights.

Maybe they don't want the Scouse ****s there either...

How does that work? Extra fligts, shirley these were all scheduled, but the tour company forgot to secure a slot rather than Kiev unable to cope. Genuine question as I don't know how this airport lark works

See scousers are blaming Kiev rather than them opting to book with a cheap and dodgy travel firm.

Hope every one of the ****s are left stranded, be funny as fuck

How does that work? Extra fligts, shirley these were all scheduled, but the tour company forgot to secure a slot rather than Kiev unable to cope. Genuine question as I don't know how this airport lark works

See scousers are blaming Kiev rather than them opting to book with a cheap and dodgy travel firm.

Hope every one of the ****s are left stranded, be funny as fuck
Apologies.

Realised my source was the Liverpool Pravda aka Echo.

I wonder if a charter firm saw they could rip off ticketless scousers. Cream off the interest on payments before "cancelling" flights knowing dippers would blame Ukraine for it?

More exceptionalism. Maddock is another of the Scouse mafia in the national press. I've seen extracts from Honigstein's book about Klopp suggesting that he was put off Manchester United by Woodward pitching Old Trafford to him as a version of Disneyland. The extract I saw also referred to talks with us but suggested he was never really interested without saying why. I expect this also applies to his view of City (needless to say, I think he's wrong).

I can understand why the Utd Circus wouldn't be appealing to Klopp, I can also see that maybe the very high level of corporate structure at City might be intimidating for someone who runs on emotion like he does (see also R. Mancini). I don't think they are the same issue though.

The reality is this; We have had to adopt the very professional and slick corporate approach because its the only possible way for us to develop into the superpower that we and the owners want us to be. The money has to come from somewhere, our owners have managed to invest heavily as needed in spite of the FFP bollocks, they've also built the thing as a real multinational business to create the long term stability of revenues that are needed to stay in that game.

Liverpool have taken the moneyball route... which is fine but I wonder how Klopp will feel if they get cold feet about investing in the club over the next couple of years. They've got lucky in recent years that a couple of big value player sales have allowed them to spend big while balancing the books. That's moneyball in a nutshell, and not dissimilar to what Southampton have tried to do over the past few years and that nearly relegated them. If the supply of high value player sales dries up (which has happened at Southampton) are the FSG people going to put serious cash into the club to keep the squad rebuilding going? I doubt it very much. Lets face it... it takes £200M+ every year to stand still at the top of European football.

Nope... what will happen is that every 2 years Liverpool will sell their best player, as they have done recently. Salah & Firmino will be the next ones out of the door. No question about it. The reason being, winning the odd cup competition (CL, FAC whatever), doesn't fool the players. They know that the mega clubs are winning their League every couple of years and going deep every year on the CL.

I can't see how Liverpools model sustains that, so how long will it be before either Klopp get fed up with the lack of growth, or the fans turn on Klopp if they have a bad season... which they always do. Remember there were plenty of those entitled fuckers slagging Klopp off last season.

Of course no-one will ever say any of this stuff in the media, but we all know.

Apologies.

Realised my source was the Liverpool Pravda aka Echo.

I wonder if a charter firm saw they could rip off ticketless scousers. Cream off the interest on payments before "cancelling" flights knowing dippers would blame Ukraine for it?

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people...

I can understand why the Utd Circus wouldn't be appealing to Klopp, I can also see that maybe the very high level of corporate structure at City might be intimidating for someone who runs on emotion like he does (see also R. Mancini). I don't think they are the same issue though.

The reality is this; We have had to adopt the very professional and slick corporate approach because its the only possible way for us to develop into the superpower that we and the owners want us to be. The money has to come from somewhere, our owners have managed to invest heavily as needed in spite of the FFP bollocks, they've also built the thing as a real multinational business to create the long term stability of revenues that are needed to stay in that game.

Liverpool have taken the moneyball route... which is fine but I wonder how Klopp will feel if they get cold feet about investing in the club over the next couple of years. They've got lucky in recent years that a couple of big value player sales have allowed them to spend big while balancing the books. That's moneyball in a nutshell, and not dissimilar to what Southampton have tried to do over the past few years and that nearly relegated them. If the supply of high value player sales dries up (which has happened at Southampton) are the FSG people going to put serious cash into the club to keep the squad rebuilding going? I doubt it very much. Lets face it... it takes £200M+ every year to stand still at the top of European football.

Nope... what will happen is that every 2 years Liverpool will sell their best player, as they have done recently. Salah & Firmino will be the next ones out of the door. No question about it. The reason being, winning the odd cup competition (CL, FAC whatever), doesn't fool the players. They know that the mega clubs are winning their League every couple of years and going deep every year on the CL.

I can't see how Liverpools model sustains that, so how long will it be before either Klopp get fed up with the lack of growth, or the fans turn on Klopp if they have a bad season... which they always do. Remember there were plenty of those entitled fuckers slagging Klopp off last season.

Thanks - that's a terrific post, very insightful and I enjoyed reading it. Yes, you're right. The media will never tell this straight but we do know. :)

Cheers.

Great post mate.

Understand 9 charter flights are leaving tomorrow from Manchester Airport. Should we give them a send off. It's only banter after all.

It would be awful if some cases got sent to the wrong airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.