Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every club has an era or two.

If City win the League Cup, which I still think it is, that will be 10 trophies in 10 years, give or take, or since Sheikh Mansour bought the club.

In those 10 years Liverpool haven’t won a trophy. In-fact, you have to go back to 2006 when Liverpool won the FA Cup against West Ham. *12 years*.

So Chester, please explain why, if Liverpool are such a massive club compared to City on every level, they haven’t won a trophy in the last 12 years.

One more point, which you might have missed? Net spend. Liverpool only net spent because their best 3 players wanted out. Sterling, Courtinho and Suarez. That’s where Liverpool’s transfer money came from. All good and well, you and every Liverpool fam night argue. But on the flip side, it showed Liverpool couldn’t keep their best players, who would have probably helped Liverpool win the PL title by now. But no matter how much money Liverpool offered them, how much istory Liverpool have, and what it must be like playing in-front of the KOP, and in-front of best self-proclaimed fans, and the best atmosphere in the World, they all still wanted out. Let’s hope Salah isn’t next to want out. ;-)

If City win the League Cup, which I still think it is, that will be 10 trophies in 10 years, give or take, or since Sheikh Mansour bought the club.

In those 10 years Liverpool haven’t won a trophy. In-fact, you have to go back to 2006 when Liverpool won the FA Cup against West Ham. *12 years*.

So Chester, please explain why, if Liverpool are such a massive club compared to City on every level, they haven’t won a trophy in the last 12 years.

One more point, which you might have missed? Net spend. Liverpool only net spent because their best 3 players wanted out. Sterling, Courtinho and Suarez. That’s where Liverpool’s transfer money came from. All good and well, you and every Liverpool fam night argue. But on the flip side, it showed Liverpool couldn’t keep their best players, who would have probably helped Liverpool win the PL title by now. But no matter how much money Liverpool offered them, how much istory Liverpool have, and what it must be like playing in-front of the KOP, and in-front of best self-proclaimed fans, and the best atmosphere in the World, they all still wanted out. Let’s hope Salah isn’t next to want out. ;-)
And lets not forget....Liverpool legend Suarez was so desperate to get out of culture club,he activated the gross misconduct part of his playing contract by biting the neck of the defender who was marking him in a world cup game.lol..how desperate is that?

Why is it embarrassing that you haven't won the league in so long? Yesteryears are simply that, you haven't won it pure and simply because you are no longer good enough and haven't been for decades
Because we’ve been the best team in the premier league era not to win one. We’ve been more consistently good than Leicester or Blackburn who’ve won one. We bottled one. We’ve been close a number of times and still haven’t managed one. Where I live everyone is pretty much United or Pool fans so it’s certainly embarrassing compared to their accomplishments in the prem era

If you take the piss out of winning the big one 5 times . What do you say about clubs that have never won it at all. ?
I wasn’t referring to a trophy when I said the big one it was a reply to a previous post you muppet ! Anyway I thought you called it old big ears not the big one

Why do people on this site keep asking me to explain things other people say. I do not go on about Liverpool being a bigger club than City so why should I explain it ? Try asking the people who make these comments please.

I regularly have to explain to my dipper supporting workmates they haven't won anything 5 times they have only won it once .
4 times when it was a knockout competition .
And once since its been a league based competition.
On pointing out we won a european trophy before them Im told that dosnt count as it no longer exists !!!
So we have won the European Cup once and 4 times. ? How many twice times have Real Madrid won it then as I cannot be bothered to look it up. Splitting hairs. And you are correct. Also we never won the Cup Winners Cup, nearest we got was losing to Borussia Dortmund in the 1966 final at Hampden.

I regularly have to explain to my dipper supporting workmates they haven't won anything 5 times they have only won it once .
4 times when it was a knockout competition .
And once since its been a league based competition.
On pointing out we won a european trophy before them Im told that dosnt count as it no longer exists !!!
Ahh, the old 'it doesn't exist now, so is now irrelevant' arguement.

Must have a been a bugger for those 29 years that 'City won a European trophy before Liverpool' , when it was real.

Alas poor factual statistic, gone but not forgotten.

Poor Pep, his winning it in 97, means nothing. Must tear him up at night.

Ahh, the old 'it doesn't exist now, so is now irrelevant' arguement.

Must have a been a bugger for those 29 years that 'City won a European trophy before Liverpool' , when it was real.

Alas poor factual statistic, gone but not forgotten.

Poor Pep, his winning it in 97, means nothing. Must tear him up at night.
Try another factual statistic. 3 years that City won a European trophy before us, not 29.

Try another factual statistic. 3 years that City won a European trophy before us, not 29.

Can I ask you what your take is on Aldridge's comments,and how you feel when other older players are straw clutching when brought into the limelight by Sky etc etc,to name a few in recent weeks who have been rolled out,Barnes,Rush ????

Does it make you proud or even more nervous when these stalwarts are actually adding pressure to your crumbling cause ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.