Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try another factual statistic. 3 years that City won a European trophy before us, not 29.
The statistic of City winning a European trophy before Liverpool won one, was true for 29 years from City winning the cup winners cup in 1970, till it’s demise in 1999, so for 29 years that statistic was ‘relevant’ according to the quoted post I was adding to, which stated that it didn’t count, so City hadn’t won a European trophy before Liverpool...

Do keep up.

So we have won the European Cup once and 4 times. ? How many twice times have Real Madrid won it then as I cannot be bothered to look it up. Splitting hairs. And you are correct. Also we never won the Cup Winners Cup, nearest we got was losing to Borussia Dortmund in the 1966 final at Hampden.
You have won the the European cup 4 times as a knockout competition and the champions league once when its been a league based tournament.
Not hard to understand really ?
But if you think its five carry on banging the 5times drum la

Every club has an era or two.

If City win the League Cup, which I still think it is, that will be 10 trophies in 10 years, give or take, or since Sheikh Mansour bought the club.

In those 10 years Liverpool haven’t won a trophy. In-fact, you have to go back to 2006 when Liverpool won the FA Cup against West Ham. *12 years*.

So Chester, please explain why, if Liverpool are such a massive club compared to City on every level, they haven’t won a trophy in the last 12 years.

One more point, which you might have missed? Net spend. Liverpool only net spent because their best 3 players wanted out. Sterling, Courtinho and Suarez. That’s where Liverpool’s transfer money came from. All good and well, you and every Liverpool fam night argue. But on the flip side, it showed Liverpool couldn’t keep their best players, who would have probably helped Liverpool win the PL title by now. But no matter how much money Liverpool offered them, how much istory Liverpool have, and what it must be like playing in-front of the KOP, and in-front of best self-proclaimed fans, and the best atmosphere in the World, they all still wanted out. Let’s hope Salah isn’t next to want out. ;-)
Love it,love it,love it,jrb.
When was the last time one of our big players wanted out.
We kept Yaya,Zaba (recognised as the best right full back) still have Sergio,Merlin,Kompany,etc.Players like Hart were no longer in the frame and maybe Tevez was one who escaped but by then I think City had enough of his and his agents antics.
For me these fucking Scousers honestly believe that they have some sort of entitlement,to belong at the top table and thats what pisses most neutral fans that I talk to.

So we have won the European Cup once and 4 times. ? How many twice times have Real Madrid won it then as I cannot be bothered to look it up. Splitting hairs. And you are correct. Also we never won the Cup Winners Cup, nearest we got was losing to Borussia Dortmund in the 1966 final at Hampden.
Once again you and your fellow Scousers harp on about the "old times" and the European Cup.Why not concentrate on why currently City are a bigger club than Liverpool ? Why ?
Because it sticks in yours and every other Scousers throat,that likul ol` City are now recognised as the best team in certainly Europe and possibly world football.
Get over it and loook to the current and future NOT fucking "istory".

Love it,love it,love it,jrb.
When was the last time one of our big players wanted out.
We kept Yaya,Zaba (recognised as the best right full back) still have Sergio,Merlin,Kompany,etc.Players like Hart were no longer in the frame and maybe Tevez was one who escaped but by then I think City had enough of his and his agents antics.
For me these fucking Scousers honestly believe that they have some sort of entitlement,to belong at the top table and thats what pisses most neutral fans that I talk to.

Milner left to win trophies. Oh how soon you forget...

Do you think it'll be better for us if they beat Bayern and progress in the CL, resulting in more games, or will that give them momentum again? Would a defeat be more damaging in terms of confidence?

It must fucking pain you to see us winning trophies while you live in your shit past. Your a team of yesteryear with your Norwegian supporters, think we or anyone else gives a fuck about your past. We have the best owners, and manager in the world many many more years of success will follow, as you become the nearly men maybe next year will be your year yawn
Didn't know you were a dyslexic scouser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.