Liverpool 2018/19

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by jimharri, 13 Jun 2018.

1. As is judging the quality & improvement of Liverpool before the season starts, rather than at the end of it, but it seems 90% of the twats are doing exactly that.

flobo and Rolee like this.
  2. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

Sat on the Blue Moon looking down at the rags
    I’m fed up of hearing about the dippers, they have won nothing in recent times and until they do they should shut their gobs... It’s not normal behaviour to extol your virtues as a football team whilst being so unsuccessful, it’s unheard of in every other sport ....! It’s unbelievable Jeff..!

3. Sparkys-Army

Sparkys-Army

Imagine living in Liverpool. It's twice as bad.

4. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

Sat on the Blue Moon looking down at the rags
    You have my sympathy mate, you really do ..

5. Barcon

Barcon

6. Graeme Souness

Graeme Souness

Whilst there is no doubt that Liverpool have improved their squad and upgraded in key areas, that doesn't mean you are automatically going to win the league. Beating us one week and losing to Swansea the next is a team culture that signings alone will not fix. Liverpool have been failing to get over the line long before Klopp showed up as we know from Benitez and Rodgers days. I'm not saying they won't, just fucking amazed they think it's a fucking given. Decades of underachieving conquered by blind arrogance. We won the league with a 100 points and even I can't muster that arrogance.

MP71 and meeesh like this.
  7. Mancity1980

Mancity1980

Well said, especially the last bit.

8. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

Liverpool are 'still Rocky Balboa, not Ivan Drago' - Klopp

What the actual is he serious trying to win the title with mind games!

Klopp putting the message out there that everyone will get behind them because city are hated. Jeez he's desperate

Last edited: 10 Aug 2018
  9. Henkeman

Henkeman

What amuses me is not so much that Liverpool have signed some decent players, because they have, but how the narrative is all about potentially overhauling City. Pretty sure that both Spurs and United finished ahead of them - in the latter instance six points ahead of them, which is a pretty sizeable margin. And for all the narrative about United, they too have strengthened this year by signing Fred. We hear an awful lot of defensiveness about how they're not saying they will win the title, but finishing ahead of United seems to be an absolute given. Weird.

10. Chris in London

Chris in London

I can see six games there against teams that might be fighting for every point they can - Chelsea to finish as high as they can, the others to avoid relegation. That may not be as easy a run in as it looks on paper.