Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating. Feels like an opportunity missed. We know we have the quality to beat them.

Well I saw a pull of the shirt just before the goal Mr Magoo not sure what you saw
It’s then gone to a Liverpool player, city player has took it off him, been played forward to Haaland, Alison has spilled it and Phil has scored. How far back do you think we should be going, out of interest?

You may want to put it down to Pep’s team selection and tactics today, but your comments are way OTT. Who would you get in as manager then? 4 premier league titles in the last 5 years not good enough for you?

I was being sarcastic mate.. taking the poss out of all the clowns slagging Pep off. Chill..

You probably missed the context then if you didn't watch the full game.
As you missed the game what happened was the referee has been letting the game flow allowing contact and physical challenges, he spots two players tussling for the ball, one uses his arm and upper body to unbalance the opposition player who loses balance and grabs the opposite players shirt while stumbling. The stumbling player plays the ball on and a goal is scored. The VAR team then decides to refer the referee to look at the monitor to review the goal decision he has made due to this tussling for the ball. The contact and "shirt pull" was nothing more extreme than had been going on all game and had no effect in the outcome of the fight for the ball (the player who was 'held back' was already falling and had lost control of the ball at that point).
In your opinion was the VAR operator right to call this as a "clear and obvious" error and to use his powers to effectively re-referee an ongoing game? If a referee has allowed a physical and robust match does the VAR operative have the authority to overrule the onfield referee when a goal has been scored after a period of play that has involved the same level of physical play that has been ongoing all match? At what point does an onfield referees decisions in allowing a physical contest become "clear and obvious" errors?
I agree with the Thiago red card though, he was flying in and would probably have deserved a yellow but as he slipped it wasn't in his control at that point so no card required in my opinion.
Pretty much what I said to my wife at the time VAR intervened. They are not using VAR as it is meant to be used. IMHO it was not a clear and obvious error as Taylor seemed to be maintaining a consistency by letting the game flow. Then he's told to review it and from that moment on there could be only one outcome. Truth of the matter is that the VAR official hundreds of miles away was ultimately refereeing the game and it's happening every week up and down the country. Referees are being placed in an impossible situation by the incompetence of the PL and PGMOL in the way VAR is being implemented. Consequently, the game is being ruined IMHO. Frankly it's become a complete charade when the referee goes to the monitor in such situations. It's clear he's already been given his instructions to reverse the decision.

If the ref hasn't seen it, i.e. can't see it, then it's not an error. How can not being able to see something be an error, "clear and obvious" or otherwise?
I don't think I understand this point? That's literally what the error in "clear and obvious error" is.

He changes things every game but it seems people only notice when we lose.

In the 3 matches we've dropped points this season he made a total of 3 substitutions and other than Palace game all substitutions made by pep were when we were winning comfortably by 2,3 and 4-0

You probably missed the context then if you didn't watch the full game.
As you missed the game what happened was the referee has been letting the game flow allowing contact and physical challenges, he spots two players tussling for the ball, one uses his arm and upper body to unbalance the opposition player who loses balance and grabs the opposite players shirt while stumbling. The stumbling player plays the ball on and a goal is scored. The VAR team then decides to refer the referee to look at the monitor to review the goal decision he has made due to this tussling for the ball. The contact and "shirt pull" was nothing more extreme than had been going on all game and had no effect in the outcome of the fight for the ball (the player who was 'held back' was already falling and had lost control of the ball at that point).
In your opinion was the VAR operator right to call this as a "clear and obvious" error and to use his powers to effectively re-referee an ongoing game? If a referee has allowed a physical and robust match does the VAR operative have the authority to overrule the onfield referee when a goal has been scored after a period of play that has involved the same level of physical play that has been ongoing all match? At what point does an onfield referees decisions in allowing a physical contest become "clear and obvious" errors?
I agree with the Thiago red card though, he was flying in and would probably have deserved a yellow but as he slipped it wasn't in his control at that point so no card required in my opinion.
Be interesting if somebody put together all the shirt pulls in the match that went unpunished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.