Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

in all honesty id have taken a point at the dippers at half time. We normally come away in defeat. However we did enough to deserve 3 points but it didn't happen. The referee again couldn't wait to book our players for minor offences whereas the dippers got away with many. The penalty miss cost us the game although we should or could of had 4.

Klopp has already stated that he'll now find time for his 'fringe' players, but without the League Cup to keep things ticking over, he'll be forced to play them in league games, all the time knowing that one slip could prove very costly. I can thus see him relying ever more on Milner/Henderson et al. and the horse becoming increasingly flogged.

Beating City is all Klopp has. Now that's over and Pep has his number it will be interesting to see how he fares.

Last edited:
Before the game all the scouse pundits were saying the Dippers had to win this game , now they are saying a draw is a great result because the Dippers were tired , wonder what they would have said if Mahrez sticks the penalty in the back of the net ,something like "its our year next year".

Before the game I would have snapped your hand off for a draw and even at half time I would have taken it. But we weathered the storm and came out the much stronger side, we should have won that, even without the penalty miss which can happen we opened them up a few times and some better decision making from Mahrez could and probably should have seen us win.

The mood coming out of the ground was a sombre one, it felt like dropped points and liverpool was certainly happier than us to take a point. But whilst it felt disappointing, that in itself was a positive as it showed the difference from last seasons performances there. After 10 minutes I was questioning whether Pep had learnt his lesson but as the game went on he showed he had and had made adjustments to our game, we might not have won but Pep got one over on Klopp yesterday and they won't come to the Etihad quite as confident about getting a result now.

We've played our hardest away game of the season, we're top of the league, yet to lose and done so with the vast majority of the squad having had no pre season and without the best player in the league. Hes on the way back, and players are shaking off rustiness, the rest of the league should be fearful of the next few months.

Before the game all the scouse pundits were saying the Dippers had to win this game , now they are saying a draw is a great result because the Dippers were tired , wonder what they would have said if Mahrez sticks the penalty in the back of the net ,something like "its our year next year".
If we'd scored that penalty you could pretty much guarantee that it would all be about how it was a controversial decision. Because we missed, they can be 'gracious' about it.

If we'd scored that penalty you could pretty much guarantee that it would all be about how it was a controversial decision. Because we missed, they can be 'gracious' about it.

Correct , would have been nice for Mahrez to score , so the greatest centre half in the history of football would have been solely responsible for the defeat.

Well granted I wasn't at the ground but I didn't expect Jesus to take it because he's fluffed multiple penalties for us before. Same reason I knew Dave wouldn't be taking it.

If people expect Mahrez to not take another penalty for us after that then it's odd they expext, or want, Jesus to.
As soon as the pen was given I thought there's not one city player on the pitch I'd be hugely confident in scoring it. Given the technical ability of each and every player in our squad that's pretty astonishing. Sergio is our regular taker and even he's not particularly good. I reckon ederson would have probably scored it, he's got balls of steel and that's what it's all about because there's not a player in our squad that doesn't have the technical ability to take good pens imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.